POLL: Has Dutasteride Worked For You?

Has Dutasteride Worked For You?

• YES (With Major Side Effects)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

NoLuckChuck

Reaction score
There seems to be a lot of mixed results with dutasteride. I hope that people don't use this poll to make a decision about taking or not taking dutasteride. I just want to know out of curiosity.

cmudave

Established Member
Reaction score
I am also thinking about jumping on the dutasteride train. From what I have read browsing the forums, it seems like the majority of people who have tried dutasteride have gotten along pretty well with it... noticing a lot of thickening or at the very least maintenence.... for some lasting up to 5+ years. Do a search for skylineGTR he had one of the best success stories I have seen on this forum. There are however few people who have claimed that dutasteride seemed to have made their hairloss worse. If you have not yet tried finasteride i would suggest using that first. If you are on finasteride and have been on it for 6 months to a year and haven't noticed any improvement, then i would suggest researching more on dutasteride and looking into it. As I said i am also looking into it, I have been on finasteride for a little over 2 years and it seems like the finasteride is no longer maintaining as well as it used to. I'm going to look into dutasteride and I will keep you updated on what I find.

One more thing... check this thread out, it lists some experiences of other dutasteride users on the forums.

viewtopic.php?f=30&t=46040&start=0&st=0&sk=t&sd=a&hilit=skylinegtr

HughJass

Reaction score
yes, it worked. Been on for about 6 years.

It's best effects tapered off after a few years, since then I've been maintaining.

Now i feel that it's kind of plugging a hole in a dam wall and it's probably not going to hold much longer