Votes: 28 20.7%
  • Every so often

Votes: 24 17.8%
  • No

Votes: 27 20.0%

• Total voters

abcdefg

Reaction score
Well its all a bit pointless anyway because currently there is no known link between male pattern baldness and any of this itch business. If your losing hair whether its an itch or not all boils down to the same two not so amazing treatments. So you either take the two treatments we have or you keep losing hair regardless of whether you itch or not.

Min0

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
diffuse thinner here, i have severe itching when i sleep, sometimes i wake up scratching it.
this is the time where i shed the most.

JDW

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Never really had an itch until the last few months which has gone hand in hand with the worst shed I've ever had 250+ a day. Scalp is constantly itchy

tomJ

My Regimen
Reaction score
Scalp is almost always itchy since coming off of treatments. It is at its worst after I eat carbs or have a sexual release. Its awful and I have turned down some loving just cause I didnt want to deal with constant wake up at night from the excessive itching. It is what it it is and I dont think there is anything I can d9 about it. Sebum is ridiculous

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
I always know when my scalp itches that I'm going to start shedding a lot, and that's exactly what happens. It's inflammation. When my scalp isn't itching, is when my hair gets thicker.

stonecold

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Over 27 years on minoxidil and no itch. Long time Finasteride user, as well.

Hi,

This is interesting! May i ask your story? What stage you were at? How old when you started balding and when you started minoxidil? When was finasteride added and did it make any difference?

Any other thing you use like nizoral or alpecin? How is your current hairloss?

Not many people i have come accross that have used minoxidil for such a long time so would be great to hear your feedback!

Janks16

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi,

This is interesting! May i ask your story? What stage you were at? How old when you started balding and when you started minoxidil? When was finasteride added and did it make any difference?

Any other thing you use like nizoral or alpecin? How is your current hairloss?

Not many people i have come accross that have used minoxidil for such a long time so would be great to hear your feedback!

Sure, I'm 52, and my hairline started receding at 20, and at 26 my crown started to shed. I started using Minoxidil at 22, so I've actually been on minoxidil for 30 years. Before Dr. Lee (in West Hollywood) started making his own Minoxidil, I had a friend who was a pharmacist and he who would make a batch of Minoxidil for me for $50. It always had a lot of white powder in it, which was always all over my scalp. I starting using Finasteride in the early 90's - don't recall the exact year. And then I used Dutasteride for a few years, but it gave me shortness of breath and a rapid heart beat. A few weeks the side effects went away. Duta didn't help me grow any hair.

In the 90's I got on Proxiphen from Doctor Proctor. After a couple years on that, I realized it didn't to anything for me. Other things I've tried that didn't work were: PRP on my scalp, RU, Spironolactone, 15% Minoxidil with spironolactone, Neogenic, Saw Palmetto, Biotin shampoo, all kinds of vitamins, and probably a couple things I've forgotten about.

The combination of Minoxidil and Finasteride has kept my hairloss in check since about the age of 30 – and I guess I'm lucky that I don't get any sides from minoxidil and Fina. My crown has just some scattered hairs, and my hairline is still there, but it's thinned out a bit. I'm almost at the point where I just want to let go and just let it do its thing, but who knows, maybe something will come out in the next few years. I hope it does – sooner than later.

whatevr

My Regimen
Reaction score
I have no sensations on my scalp whatsoever or any other inflammatory markers. I just notice increased shedding and I am clearly having less hair on my head.

Well, at least I dodged one bullet.