POLL: Did finasteride and/or dutasteride shrink your penis?

Did finasteride and/or dutasteride shrink your penis?

• Total voters

Cassin

Reaction score
ttroy said:
Cassin: I took Gefina 5mg by Hexal, it is "generic" finasteride. It is from a Finnish pharmacy. I took 1/4 pill every night and 1/8 for the last month.

I have an appointment with a urologist tomorrow to see if he has any ideas how to bring things back to normal. I'm not holding my breath though.

Ok.

Good luck brother. Let us know how it goes. :pint:

ttroy

Reaction score
Thank you for the grown up response (hi bubka). Will tell you if he has any ideas or experience with similar cases.

ttroy

Reaction score
Diagnosed me with prostatitis and an early stage of peyronie's disease. Agreed that finasteride probably triggered something as peyronie's is not a common thing for a 25-year-old.

paximperia

Established Member
Reaction score
It could be that finasteride/dutasteride decreased sex drive, and if you're limp it will look smaller.

Libido

Established Member
Reaction score
Just to adress one issue.
Seems very few people are aware of it, but the average penis:
ttroy said:
has a bend to the left.
Problem is, since so few people seems to know that, a lot of people will now see it after they take finasteride.

I dont think anyone knows why most penises have a bend to the left and not to the right (wich is pretty normal as well though) or something, but anyway, thought I´d share that.

As for finasteride actually shrinking your penis... That would be a weird sideeffekt, and I fully disagree with the poll results. Not saying it didnt happen for some unfortunate guy, but seems like a real freak accident.

G

It probably feels like its shrunk because you cant get a full erection.

ttroy

Reaction score
Libido: Well if you get peyronie's, I promise you will notice. Narrowing and shortening of your dick is also a part of PD, with which quite many seem to end up with after finasteride/dropping finasteride....so at least indirectly it's possible.