Polarity News. Polarity Makes Breakthrough In Generating Skin With Hair Follicles.

That Guy

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
After you get done insulting me, go re-check who has been saying what about which program.

No

I'm not the one bashing Follica. I think they are probably our best near-term hope for anything and I'm convinced they will be offering more than dermarolling+minoxidil level results. I have always been saying this.

My mistake, I apologize

The worst thing I have said about Tsuji is that it's not smart to assume he has solved the cell induction problems based on some "I think I've got it" word in the grapevine.

I don't apologize for this. It's not some "grapevine" that's saying this, it's the people involved in the research and bringing the treatment to market.

I do bash Replicel. They have a history of selling themselves hard

So what should a company whose existence depends entirely on investor funds do, exactly? Sell themselves lightly?

Okay, correct me. I may indeed be wrong.

I will freely admit I gleaned that info from other people's discussions of what was going on, rather than reading all the Replicel releases/news sources myself.

You know, I'm glad you bring this up because this further adds to my case that people who just come to the New Research Forums to cry and whine should be banned because as I've often pointed out, they almost always spread misinformation along with it.

Anyway, the data you're talking about from back then was incomplete, but of course they hyped it up because it was the company's first (and only data for the next five years) data reveal ever. The follow up data, five years later, is more compelling but stock still dropped because investors are displeased with how long it will take for the next trials to begin.

paleocapa89

Established Member
Reaction score
That sound cool, but by a quick glance on the info I'd associate to body skin and hair follicles not scalp skin and head hair follicles. I's there any indication that they might be able to work their magic with scalp skin and follicles?

coolio

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I don't apologize for this. It's not some "grapevine" that's saying this, it's the people involved in the research and bringing the treatment to market.

Have they gone on record saying that they have the problem beaten? Like, in a way that they could be held accountable for saying later, if it turns out that they never had it beaten?

If not, then it's basically grapevine talk. Maybe a small step up from it, but closer to grapevine than official.

I'm not trying to bust Tsuji's balls but this problem is THE WHOLE THING. It's too important for anyone to be throwing around unsubstantiated assertions about progress if it hasn't been made yet.

You know, I'm glad you bring this up because this further adds to my case that people who just come to the New Research Forums to cry and whine should be banned because as I've often pointed out, they almost always spread misinformation along with it.

Like you have never repeated anything you didn't check firsthand?

Most of everything we know in life is picked up from secondary sources. We all make judgments about which sources to trust and in what circumstances.

Anyway, the data you're talking about from back then was incomplete, but of course they hyped it up because it was the company's first (and only data for the next five years) data reveal ever. The follow up data, five years later, is more compelling but stock still dropped because investors are displeased with how long it will take for the next trials to begin.

I remember the incident well. I was a regular reader on baldness forums at the time. They stirred up a lot of enthusiasm for that release and then it was basically crap in comparison. You can pick things apart and defend the specifics of what was done. But the bottom line is that it was a sleazy move, and I wasn't the only person who thought that when it happened. The company's need for investors does not justify being misleading.

Grasshüpfer

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
That sound cool, but by a quick glance on the info I'd associate to body skin and hair follicles not scalp skin and head hair follicles. I's there any indication that they might be able to work their magic with scalp skin and follicles?

Not really, but if our worked out was anyway science fiction. And it would Tsuji sound way more plausible.

Willy31

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Polarityte = Hope for eggheads (totally bald on all the scalp) ???

I speak french usually. I’m not sure how to interpret correctly this sentence: “regenerate human skin (including fully functioning hair follicles). ”

It’s a cure for guys with 0 hairs? Or guys need some healthy hairs?

That Guy

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Polarityte = Hope for eggheads (totally bald on all the scalp) ???

I speak french usually. I’m not sure how to interpret correctly this sentence: “regenerate human skin (including fully functioning hair follicles.

This is a misquote; they've not yet done this with human skin.

They've done it with swine (pig) skin. That is a bigger deal than usual mouse testing because pig skin is the most suitable substitute for human skin in dermatological testing.

They plan to begin trialing it on humans in the third quarter of 2017.

Also, if @InBeforeTheCure could explain to me why the notion some have that regenerating skin elsewhere on the body, with hair follicles, would not also work to regenerate scalp hair, and what makes the scalp skin so magical, I'm dying to know.

Trichosan

My Regimen
Reaction score
...and what makes the scalp skin so magical, I'm dying to know.

Yes, indeed. Especially as you see in some older people, ectopic hair sprouting on their ears, on top of their nose, etc. And we can't regrow hair were it belongs and flourished previously. It's like there is some Higgs-Boson of genetics we can't find yet. Frickin' frustrating.

Tano1

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I definitely think that the two will go hand in hand to some degree.

Maybe I'm just brosciencin', but I find it odd that people have all this doubt that Tsuji will "solve the cell culturing problem" when his lab has also grown fully-functioning murine skin and skin contains types of epithelium. This group also demonstrates it's possible with pigs, which are the most suitable substitute for human skin in testing.

If it's possible to grow more, full-thickness, fully-functional skin that also grows hair follicles and glands from a small sample of skin and you can multiply that skin as much as you want, it stands to reason that within that method may be a means of getting all the epithelial cells you need for just the hair.

After all, the biopsy they need for the hair multiplication will come with skin samples as far as I know.

Could be wrong, but I would not be shocked if the answer is found in skin multiplication.
You may very well be right actually haha of course only time will tell.

I'm real confident that this will pave the way to finally solve our cosmetic problems. In fact, I think the reason skin regeneration is sky rocketing in popularity is because there is multiple issues that can be addressed and possibly solved in total. Hair follicles generate separately but not independently from skin as Dr. George Costarelis stated when interviewed over bioprinted fully functional skin tissue. They work together to produce adipocytes that give us scar free wound healing. If they make this work this would be a HUGE market in the cosmetics department.

As if the hair loss community wasn't a big enough market already, now you can add our friends the scarred, burned, vitiligoed, several forms of acne and ofc our tattooed teens who decided to get pointless symbols on their body because it was the trend for about 2 months and then 2 years later regret it because it is then made fun of for it ever having been a trend in the first place.

So yea big market

Balding curse

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I have no idea. Let's ask @Balding curse. I bet he knows.

lol, I have no idea as well, but I know it an inhirated curse, kids growing up waiting for inhiratance money and houses ,but this curse dosen't even wait for you to grow up, it takes you down so young, I wish if I could go back when my mom and dad were making love I would hand my dad a condom with a smiling face.

Trichosan

My Regimen
Reaction score
... I wish if I could go back when my mom and dad were making love I would hand my dad a condom with a smiling face.

Don't be too hard on yourself. There is a purpose to life, for without you being born, there is that one blade of grass growing in my backyard that may have never seen the sun. :) Hmm, reminds me, I've got to get out there and mow. :cool:

Balding curse

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Don't be too hard on yourself. There is a purpose to life, for without you being born, there is that one blade of grass growing in my backyard that may have never seen the sun. :) Hmm, reminds me, I've got to get out there and mow. :cool:

Balding so young is really Devastating, I was balding slowly since I was 17 I'm 30 now and I look 40, with a norwood 5 diffise thinning and receded hairlines that totally vanished, I hope I can get my hair back in heaven, even I wouldn't mind hell , if I would get my hair back at least I would bang all the hot girls at hell.

I'm sorry I didn't get your point, I'm slow baldi, but I'm think you are saying I will be exesting no matter what right?
and I guess I will become bald too this is what curse means.

Trichosan

My Regimen
Reaction score
No offense @baldingcurse. I know full well the curse of losing one's hair. But my point was, existence should never be taken for granted. Life is a precious gift. But those are my principles so others may choose to see it differently.

mpanju

My Regimen
Reaction score
Thought I'd just drop the latest 8K filed by PolarityTE right here!

In summary...

upload_2017-6-29_12-36-18.png

Attachments

• 8K.pdf
    2.1 MB · Views: 138

Balding curse

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
No offense @baldingcurse. I know full well the curse of losing one's hair. But my point was, existence should never be taken for granted. Life is a precious gift. But those are my principles so others may choose to see it differently.
when balding doesn't affect your life, yeah life would be a precious gift, and you can just get over it and live your life, I'm not even talking about dating or relationships.
I mean really affecting your life, job oppertintes, social life, and the most important thing is self confidence,