Poietis Raised 5m€ A Couple Of Weeks Ago

champpy

Experienced Member
Reaction score
It was my understanding that they are trying to print hair follicles and skin so that they can test products on it and not have to use human subjects. Did they actually announce that they're going to try to grow hair and implant it on human heads

That Guy

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
It was my understanding that they are trying to print hair follicles and skin so that they can test products on it and not have to use human subjects. Did they actually announce that they're going to try to grow hair and implant it on human heads

Yes

Nice, link?

http://www.sudouest.fr/2017/05/03/p...a-lever-5-millions-et-recrute-3413400-705.php

Good news.

Personally, I'd consider Riken, TissUse and L'Oreal to be the Big 3 of hair multiplication at this point; I definitely think one or maybe all three will succeed.

That Guy

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
If they cure it, I promise to L'Oreal that I will ditch keto shampoos and buy tons of their shitty products, maybe conditioners as well.

Technology aside, this is one of the reasons I believe in them; it is in their financial interests to provide something like this.

Think of how many L'Oreal and L'Oreal subsidiary company shampoos and hair products there are and how much consumers spend on them in a month. After a certain amount of time, specifically regarding men, you lose that portion of customers completely. That's decades worth of sales from those people that you will never see.

Duke123

My Regimen
Reaction score
Is there plan to one day print follicles for transplantion or just to have follicles to test their products on? Because in that linked article it says L'Oreal hopes to one day create a shampoo that will facilitate hair growth. Seems like a fascinating technology but if all we get out of it is a "hair growing shampoo" I'll be a little disappointed unless it's the most magical shampoo of all time.

That Guy

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Where did they announce that they were trying to grow hair for implantation?? :)

Everywhere in the media that reported on it quoted, in several different ways, that this is the goal aside from testing products on it; because why wouldn't you transplant it?

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/19315...ldness-by-creating-artificial-hair-follicles/

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencet...-printed-hair-follicles-grow-NEW-strands.html

"He added: ‘This is the holy grail that we all have in mind – to make something to put on the head of people with hair-loss problems.

‘Hair loss is a very emotional problem for people, and this is the final target."

bags

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Am I the only one who feels like there is enough focus money and attention going into the science now that even if someone wanted to keep a cure locked up they can't?? Even just looking at how skin hair nails and tendons are all so closely related and the fact that fibroblasts are being used to treat skin conditions and tendons (considered life threateningly serious) it's inevitable that while fixing those "major" issues our hair problem gets solved as well (using fibroblasts or printing or culturing or whatever other method is used for those other issues). JM2C

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
Am I the only one who feels like there is enough focus money and attention going into the science now that even if someone wanted to keep a cure locked up they can't?? Even just looking at how skin hair nails and tendons are all so closely related and the fact that fibroblasts are being used to treat skin conditions and tendons (considered life threateningly serious) it's inevitable that while fixing those "major" issues our hair problem gets solved as well (using fibroblasts or printing or culturing or whatever other method is used for those other issues). JM2C

The golden age of biotechnology is on the horizon now. A decade or two later than it should've been because of the bleeding hearts, animal rights activists, religious fundamentalists, et. al, but it's finally coming.

Rofler

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
What is the cell-basis for Poietis skin (what it is made of)?

Spanishboy97

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
So poietis is synthetic hair or not? Because apparently it's not but there is a (misleading) article in this forum that says so. Would you guys say this is closer or further than Tsuji? And which one you think has the bigger chance to succeed? Sorry if this questions seem annoying, I just haven't been able to found as much information on this potential treatment as the other treatments.