plz help a deppressed youth

Leon Redfield

Reaction score
Hello everyone,
I dont know where to start. So i will start by introducing myself : A young board t[FONT=arial, sans-serif]o[/FONT]pper who faced hairloss at the tender age of 17. The hairloss took my life from me. My hairloss started at the age of 17 and right now I am just 18 and I fell that i have lost a lot of hair on my top of scalp. Its not that i am bald and u cant tell that immediately when u see me. But when u get close to me U can see the thinness on my top. My hairline has receded and my hairs on my top are thin. WHY MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE?????? What did i do?? Why do I have to face insult???? From being the most happy person in this world I came to being a most gloomy person in this World!! :(. Anyways, plzz guide me what to do, no one is telling me what to do and i dont want to shave my head. I just started minoxidil and finastride 1mg for am month. I have heard Masturbation Causes hiarloss too, is that true?? plzz guide me i beg u, i dont wanna go bald:(

alecto

Reaction score
heyy man its good that this started late for you but think about me? i was 14/15 then! & am 25 male now.no eyebrows now since last yr & became totalis. well, my Doctor also said it happened dutasteride to my extraordinary sexual hormones/desires i had & still i do. i started masturbation when i was 12 & still im strong. remember young guys with alopecia like us usually are extreme great lovers & successful man in future. so we cheer up later :)

Mr White

Established Member
Reaction score
[...] A young board topper who faced hairloss at the tender age of 17. [...]

Welcome to the forum, Leon.

I also started losing my hair when I was 17 and yes, it was tough. There is hope, though. Medical science has evolved tremendously in the past few years and there are effective solutions out there: finasteride and minoxidil. So yes, you are definitely on the right path and I'm sure things will improve soon.

I strongly recommend you do A LOT of research on this subject, especially on new treatments. That's how I found out about finasteride 14 years ago.

Today I'm 36 and I'm still a NW2 and if I can do it, so can you. Good luck!

flr

Reaction score
Let's start with the begining. Welcome to this forum and welcome to the world of male pattern baldness.

Is hard to lose your hair at 17 y.I felt the same feelings when I started to lose my hair (17-18 y)...but that is life.
So here are some thinks that I found in my research (6 years of search and research).

1.About masturbation: OVER masturbation CAUSE hair loss !!! (be careful with that). Through masturbation you lose testosterone (low levelof testosterone).Testosterone are very delicate...a high level of testosterone cause hair loss and a low level of testosterone cause again...hair loss.
2. You can use Minoxidil 5% a few months and after that you can add Nizoral shampoo with 1% ketoconazole(this shampoo is very, very useful)
3. Finasteride: Be careful with that because were people who accused lose of libido and even impotence (you can try 1 - 1.25 mg)
4. You can use MSM (Methylsulfonylmethane) that is a supplement that promotes hair growth.
5. You can use also Topical Spironolactone S5 Cream
6. You can use also Microneedle (1-1.5mm) to promote absorption of minoxidil and stimulating hair follicles.

For the moment, this are the best hair treatments on the market !
And, I heard that in a few years( 5 y), scientists will give us the cure.

keep hoping !! don't give up !

flr

Reaction score
overmasturbation means over then 5 times/ week(every day). the problem is, when you ejaculate you lose some vitamins and minerals from your body and also you lose testosterone. As I said before, a low level of testosterone cause hair loss, fatigue, low energy, brain damage, memory problems, etc. in a few words, you become an "old man". But now, don't try to boost your testosterone levels because, as I said before, I high level of testost. cause the same thing ...hair loss. You said if is ok 1-2 times / week....depends, for a person who doesn't have problems with hair loss is ok , but if you have problems with your hair loss, I don't recommend you. I now that is very hard, but you decide, your di*k or your hair. I recommend you a period of abstinance(no masturbation, or if you can't resist....1 time/month) Try this just for a few months and try those treatments, to recover your hair and see if you have results. you decide...

Quantum Cat

Reaction score
1.About masturbation: OVER masturbation CAUSE hair loss !!! (be careful with that). Through masturbation you lose testosterone (low levelof testosterone).Testosterone are very delicate...

overmasturbation means over then 5 times/ week(every day). the problem is, when you ejaculate you lose some vitamins and minerals from your body and also you lose testosterone.

Can you provide any evidence of these ridiculous outlandish claims please?

so I guess people should cut back on having sex too huh? In case they go bald from ejaculating too much

a high level of testosterone cause hair loss and a low level of testosterone cause again...hair loss.

As I said before, a low level of testosterone cause hair loss, fatigue, low energy, brain damage, memory problems, etc. in a few words, you become an "old man". But now, don't try to boost your testosterone levels because, as I said before, I high level of testost. cause the same thing ...hair loss.

so both low AND high levels of testosterone causes hairloss? Man you just can't win with male pattern baldness... :roll:

I'd advise nobody pay attention to 'flr's' advice

flr

Reaction score
Listen man, I did not forced you or anybody to belive what I said ! This are my personal opinions, after 6 years of search and research, reading hundreads of articles and of course, talking with dermatologists, urologists and nutritionists. And after 6 years of fighting with hairloss in which I had no results..... finally I have results.... so maybe yes, that's why I recommend this things. Nobody said that people have to cut back on having sex, I'm saying that you don't have to abuse of ejaculation because your body needs to "recover" after each ejaculation and this things vary from person to person (you never know for sure). and if you have a severe hair loss you can try a abstinance period + nizoral,minoxidil, finasteride, and msm to see if you have results. But of course everybody understands what he whants, not what you must to understand! Everyone is free to choose what he whants, I don't think my words forced somebody to do something. And if you don't belive me, try to search on some forums about over masturbation and low testosterone and ask some drs.

Quantum Cat

Reaction score
you didn't say it was your opinion - you presented it as fact to this new person who came here looking for advice, which is why I warned him not to trust you.

I seriously doubt masturbation causes you to 'lose vitamins from your body' or can cause 'brain damage' as you claim.... but I do know for sure that it has no effect on male pattern baldness which is genetic. Period.

also it's dihydrotestosterone, not testosterone, which is responsible for male hairloss.

if anything, lower testosterone should help prevent male pattern baldness - so I would encourage everybody to jerk off as much as possible!

flr

Reaction score
ok man,whatever it is. But please search on google: Over masturbation and hair loss, low testosterone, etc. and than ask some drs. I'm not that crazy as I look :) . At least for me and for some people, this idea worked...

Leon Redfield

Reaction score
ok man,whatever it is. But please search on google: Over masturbation and hair loss, low testosterone, etc. and than ask some drs. I'm not that crazy as I look :) . At least for me and for some people, this idea worked...
Flr Thanks once again and I agree with u. And others i dont know i am just so young to say anything but what keeps me to blame my habit of masturbation is that my dad never masturbated and after marriage he lost his hairs quickly. Thatz what confuses me and to blame ejaculation, I am not giving a fact but just saying. Its soo difficult to leave this but i will do this for showing my gf, who left me just because of my hairloss as she hates bald men and thinks I am not pretty enough for her now, that I didnt deserve such a b**ch when i get my hairloss at the very least stabilized.

flr

Reaction score
Leon, you have to analyze every fact and decide what's best for you. Nobody forces you to think. Analyze more closely this fact about over masturbation, low testosterone if you are interested.

Quantum Cat said that: "lower testosterone should help prevent male pattern baldness - so I would encourage everybody to jerk off as much as possible! ", so basically, he encourages, to have a low testost. level . You can search on google: Low testosterone in men and see what happens.

Leon Redfield

Reaction score
Yeah i just searched flr and feel that low test level does cause hairloss. Flr do u advice me using anything else rather than BIG 3 and multivitamin tablets?

flr

Reaction score
I can tell you what I use, my regime, and if you whant you can choose to use them:

1. Minoxidil 5%
2. Nizoral shampoo 1% ket.
3. Finasteride (1.25 mg)
---
4. MSM (Methylsulfonylmethane) - one of the best supplements that help hair growth, you can use at least 3000mg
5. Saw Palmeto (I use a high concentration: 2700mg)
6. Omega 3

Recently I heard that Spironolactone 5% cream is very good

And I like to encourage you with this story. This is the best result I've seen : http://www.hairlosstalk.com/interact/showthread.php/55155-TheLastHairbender-s-story

and you can try his treatment !!