plt42's story

plt42

Reaction score
Hello All! I was very happy to find this forum recently. I am 30 y.o. and have always had a thick full head of hair all my life until I recently noticed my hairline was receding...big time (at least in my eyes). My hair is still very thick, but the hairline just seems to be receding. I just started noticing it in the past few months. I am attaching a few pics for your viewing so that some of you pros can offer me advice on steps I should take, or whether it is all in my head. My hair is of medium length and pretty thick, so it's tough to tell on some pics. I am using my hands to pull it back for the most-part. Thanks in advance for your help! It means a lot to find a forum for support. I am happy to answer any questions you may have.

Note- I have always had a rather large cowlick on the right side. It appears to be more noticeable on that side. I'm assuming because of the cowlick.

Attachments

• hair1.jpg
    hair1.jpg
    5.6 KB · Views: 560
  • hair2.jpg
    hair2.jpg
    6.2 KB · Views: 556
  • hair3.jpg
    hair3.jpg
    5.3 KB · Views: 562
  • hair-left1.jpg
    hair-left1.jpg
    4.5 KB · Views: 568
  • hair-left2.jpg
    hair-left2.jpg
    4.6 KB · Views: 560
  • hair-right1.jpg
    hair-right1.jpg
    4.5 KB · Views: 578
  • hair-right2.jpg
    hair-right2.jpg
    4.9 KB · Views: 567

dinosaur_sr

Established Member
Reaction score
Doesn't look like balding to me, the majority of men's hairlines move about that far back eventually. Keep an eye out for any thinning or further receding, but I wouldn't panic, you have great hair!

plt42

Reaction score
Thanks for the support!

I really appreciate the kind words. I know my hair is really thick, but there's just something that is different. My stylist even commented the last time i saw her. It's the right side that is the largest issue. I can no longer style my hair as I used to. I now have a natural part at the cowlick and my hair makes my head look lopsided. i guess I may have to go shorter or try to find a new style.