Pls Suggest Tape For Lace Base System

Manny007

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi

I am currently wearing lace system with poly(perimeter on sides n back) I am using tape for poly and glue for the front, but I decided to use tape all around but the tape is not sticking to the lace in the front, I tried super tape, stick on tape and walker ultra hold...all 3 tapes are not holding on to the lace base...can you guys suggest some tape exclusively used for lace...

JohnathonNY

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi

I am currently wearing lace system with poly(perimeter on sides n back) I am using tape for poly and glue for the front, but I decided to use tape all around but the tape is not sticking to the lace in the front, I tried super tape, stick on tape and walker ultra hold...all 3 tapes are not holding on to the lace base...can you guys suggest some tape exclusively used for lace...

Unfortunately I'll be wearing a lace system soon, but I plan on using glue for the front hairline despite it being partial covered. Walker's 3 mm no shine was what I used originally for the front, but I couldn't get a good enough seal at the edges of the system.

PJH1967

My Regimen
Reaction score
I have poly sides and lace front and use tape all around. Best I can get (after years of experimenting) has been 3-4 days hold with the lace front. I have found that the tapes for me have not proven to give the hold they suggest that they do. I also do find different tapes hold better in different weather, things like exercising makes them hold differently and I also think our skin types are all so differentt that there is no perfect miracle tape that will hold for as long as they state they do. For me what I have now found works the best is after 3 days, remove the tape, wash the piece and reattach. Everyone is different, but that works for me. If you do ever find a miralce tape for lace fronts that holds for at least 1 full week please let me know.

BaldBearded

My Regimen
Reaction score
I have poly sides and lace front and use tape all around. Best I can get (after years of experimenting) has been 3-4 days hold with the lace front. I have found that the tapes for me have not proven to give the hold they suggest that they do. I also do find different tapes hold better in different weather, things like exercising makes them hold differently and I also think our skin types are all so differentt that there is no perfect miracle tape that will hold for as long as they state they do. For me what I have now found works the best is after 3 days, remove the tape, wash the piece and reattach. Everyone is different, but that works for me. If you do ever find a miralce tape for lace fronts that holds for at least 1 full week please let me know.

I don't there is a "miracle" because everyone is different. Body chemistry, climate, physical activity really make a difference. I have clients who go 3-4 weeks on tape, I go 1 week. Scalp prep goes a long way.

As for the front, I get the best wear out of Walker Ultra-hold (contours). I will be switching to a brushed back, long hairstyle in the fall, when it gets cooler... and will be using the Lace Front Support, Thin tapes, also by Walker.

JasonM

My Regimen
Reaction score
I've been wondering about this as well. I have lace with poly perimeter just like Manny, and for breathability in the summertime I've considered full lace. However I'm worried about the tape hold on the lace.

I've tried a mixed method in the front, with about half inch or bit less glue, and tape behind that to strengthen the hold. This trial failed miserably by being easily the worst hold ever in the front. The tape stuck to the lace maybe for two days and came right off. And same thing happens on the corners where the PU ends, and I might have some of the tape on the lace - It's always the first place to loose hold. Never had any problems with the tape sticking to my skin.

Maybe Walker Ultra hold is the wrong type of tape on the lace? I've got 1522 as well, so I might try if it's any better, though I feel generally UH is stronger.

BaldBearded

My Regimen
Reaction score
Unless the poly is super thick or super wide... you may not find that much of a difference.

I use ULtrahold tape on lace... without any problem, and so do all of my clients. What is on the lace? Are you cleaning it properly? Are you using knot sealer?

HairPiece

My Regimen
Reaction score
I am saying that with expreiences of 7 year, use front lace tape (blue). Before stick tape, make sure that bottom and top of lace is completely dry, not wet. If even lace is little damp, make it dry. After that stick it to lace and push it with little force. You will see that it sticked completely to lace.
Begin to stick at polyside, it will be easier.
If you still have problem with this, keep hot air to tape for 20-30 seconds, then try it