Pls Help Me - Norwood Stage And Stemox?

Handclips

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi

I've been visiting this forum as a guest for awhile now. I noticed that my hair loss looks quite different from the ones posted online. I've cut my hair very short to better pinpoint where exactly I'm losing hair.

I'm 28yo now and i've been losing hair since 22. When it started, my left 'corner' thinned within a year, followed by my right 'corner' and then maybe a little thinning at the crown. This took around 3 years and i have not noticed any significant changes over the past 3 years. It might have become stagnant? Or perhaps I'm losing hair in areas that I'm not paying attention to.

Anyway, I understand that the 'corners' tend to disappear as the balding progress. But mine only thinned and did not disappear. When my hair is longer, the thin patches are actually quite noticeable, kinda making me look bald.

I've attached 2 sets of photos, i1-i4 are taken under very bright lighting and n1-n6 are under normal lighting. I try to position them so the hair looks as little as possible. i1 looks especially bad under very bright lightings.

Base on the photos,
1) What Norwood stage is this? My 'corners' definitely thinned and stopped, but have not disappeared so I cant really match it to any of the Norwood scales.
2) I'm currently using Stemox (Serioxyl) only for about 10 days now. Is there a chance that it will harm my existing hair?
3) Is there any way to roughly predict which stage i'll be at in around 5 yrs time?

Thanks! All advice are greatly appreciated. I'm thinking of visiting a derma for assessment but would like to seek the opinions of the guys here first. Sorry for my bad English, it's not my native language,

Will post another round of pics after my 3 months on stemox + viviscal. I have a feeling it might be a waste of money, but o well.

Attachments

• i1.jpg
    i1.jpg
    77.6 KB · Views: 343
  • i2.jpg
    i2.jpg
    76.4 KB · Views: 361
  • i3.jpg
    i3.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 338
  • i4.jpg
    i4.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 341
  • n1.1.jpg
    n1.1.jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 334
  • n1.jpg
    n1.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 322
  • n2.1.jpg
    n2.1.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 337
  • n2.jpg
    n2.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 329
  • n3.1.jpg
    n3.1.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 349
  • n3.jpg
    n3.jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 358
  • n4.jpg
    n4.jpg
    61.4 KB · Views: 353
Last edited:

davesmith420

My Regimen
Reaction score
You're like a Norwood 1 but you're diffusing all over. Stemox seems to be bordering on fish oil; I haven't heard or seen of anyone having success with it on it's own. Look into Finasteride and minoxidil.

DKC

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You are diffuse thinning all over, it would seem that you that there is a bit of a pattern which eventually would get to a NW4-5 in a diffuse manner. But you can't always judge hair loss by the Norwood Scale, everyone can be different.

It is likely that you will continue to lose hair unless you seek more treatment, good luck using the stemox though!

Handclips

My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks for the replies! I've tried googling, is diffused thinning the same as male pattern baldness?

I dont understand what exactly is this diffused thinning. Is it caused by sensitivity to dht as well?

LouReed

Reaction score
Check out the types of alopecia in the drop down at the top of this website.

I can tell you're getting diffuse thinning at the temples (it's not bad at all though don't get me wrong). But with my hair, I have none of that, just a hairline that is creeping up and up while the hair left at my temples remains thick. So, that's the difference.

I think there may be different treatment avenues for diffuse but someone who knows more should chime in

Handclips

My Regimen
Reaction score
The reason why i use viviscal + stemox is because both advertised that their products help give denser hair volume.

Also, I've been to a health screening test recently and it shows low blood sugar and low protein. so i thought these might help.

I've seen mixed opinions about using minoxidil for treating diffused thinning. anyone has any advice for this pls?