pleaseHELP's story (21 YEAR OLD IN NEED OF ADVICE AND HELP)

pleaseHELP

Reaction score
Hey everybody! Im 21 years old, ive been reading people's advices and taking them into consideration. Im on a Norwood scale of 2. When i was 20, i had a real scalp problem, like my scalp all of the sudden just started getting itchy and whatever shampoo i used like head & shoulders wouldnt work and i will flake horribly until i found out bout nizoral.

My situation is im losing an average of 25-35 strands of hair everyday especially when im in the shower!!! Ill be bald by like the age of 23!!! this is really having an effect on my self esteem!

Ive been only taking propecia for about 2 1/2 months. I use Nizoral which does help control my flaking problem, but i still see some like white dots in my hair and when i try to gently pluck the flakes out of my head its usually a strand of hair stuck on the end of it that has come lose!! Nizoral does not completly control my flakes cause i still see them in my hair!!

Also when im in the shower and im looking at which strands of hair came from head to see if its a long one or a short one im starting to notice that on some of the hair its wavy. What does that mean??

Any advice you give me will be extremely helpful and greatly appreciated!!! Thanks everybody!

eBOW

Reaction score
Well congrats on taking action, the early you start on propecia the better. Losing 25-35 hairs a day is actually better than normal. The average person loses about 50-100 hairs a day. You need to be on propecia for at least a year to measure progress. The only thing I can do is quote Guns n Roses and "have a little patience". Patience is key, the first four months of treatment for me were hell, but ride the sheds out.

Later

socks

Experienced Member
Reaction score
eBOW said:
Losing 25-35 hairs a day is actually better than normal.

I disagree. Losing 25-35 hairs at -once- if you wash your hair daily seems excessive. 100 - 150 hairs per day is the average amount of hair ones loses throughout the -entire- day... Which includes the hair on your sides (not just the stuff uptop :wink: ). Unless PleaseHELP has always lost that much hair at one time in the shower (which I'm assuming he hasnt) I think he has valid reason to be concerned.

At any rate I agree with the rest of what you said.