PLEASE!

jorogaine

Reaction score
Ok I have been on a ****ing rollercoaster of emotions because of this finasteride pill and minoxidil. I am about to give up the fight. I had a nice THICK head of hair my whole life with a little bit of a mature hairline. So I thought the big 3 would help that, 4 months later and I have done nothing but shed and recede further. This is NOT me making a post telling people to not take these products. I just have nowhere else to vent about this. I am sure my friends and family are wondering what the hell is going on with my hair and I am too. I only use minoxidil on my hairline and i take finasteride everyday or every other day. I also dont want to become dependent on a pill. So my question to you is, if I slowly stop what I am doing will I go back to baseline where I started?? What are my options people, Im 4 months in on some products I dont want to be dependent on and on top of that they are making my hair look horrible. Can I quit and be back where I started in a few months?

eenrak

Established Member
Reaction score
Sorry to break it to you, but there is no chance it will go back, by stopping treatments. Best shot is to keep going.

kpat

Established Member
Reaction score
Yeah, what eenrak said. It's best to keep going. I've heard shedding can be a symptom of the medication. You should look into it and read more about people who have had a lot of shedding because of the meds. Also, no one wants to be dependent on anything, but sometimes one has to be if they want to lead the life the want to lead. I take a pill for depression, and I most likely will need medication for it the rest of my life. It sucks to be dependent, but if you don't have another choice then what else can you do? Plus if your life is better because of the meds, then isn't it worth it?

jorogaine

Reaction score
i am thinking of dropping finasteride and continuing with minoxidil and nizoral.. will this cause another shed?

eenrak

Established Member
Reaction score
Bad idea, Jorogaine. You are doing absolutely the worst thing you and do by quitting treatments and expecting results... It is obviously the worst thing you can do in terms of hair growth.
It is clear that you are panicking, but it's the wrong kind of panic. If my treatments did not work, I would panic too, but I would not quit treatments.. I would attack it even harder! Dutasteride, RU... you name it.

Helel

Established Member
Reaction score
Define shedding. Are we talking about 10 hair strands? 20 hair strands?

I'm losing 50-80 hair strands a day and I'm not on anything (Not by choice obviously).