please tell me if this is normal..

ants

Reaction score
I have been losing hair for 5 years, and am a Norwood 2.5 or so. I am depressed -not because I am balding, but because I have a tingling feeling in my scalp that I find extremely irritating (drives me mad literally, to the verge of panic attacks)

I hate going outside because the wind will make it itch or even If I move my head indoors I can feel it - like someone is tickling my scalp. This is mainly in the bald spot area at the back. If I raise my brow, which moves the scalp back there I can feel it tingle and itch...

I am wondering is this common in balding people, as I see alot of depressed looking bald guys?(sorry no offence intended to those who arent').

In the past i shaved my head to a #2 cut normally and this made the problem much less apparent until my hair grew out again.
Now I have lost more at the back and this #2 cut is no normally effective. I think If I cut my hair to a #1 or buzz It would dissapear but then reappear again.

I always had sensitive skin, since my hair loss began it just got 10 times worse. Whenever I orgasm my cheeks/forhead/scalp/hair get all tingly/tight and uncomfortable feeling which doesnt help with sexual desire. Even in every day life my forehead/cheeks/scalp have a burning/tightness feeling.

I have just tried propecia for one month but it hasnt helped and probably made the itching worse(increase in T). I have used nizoral regularly, but no luck. One upside is that propecia seemed to reduce the tingling after orgasm feeling, but that I can live with.

I have read the forum about zix, lavender oil which may help. Perhaps topical spironolactone.
My feeling is it may be dht type 1 that is causing the problem.

I will probably go to a derm soon to see if they have a suggestion.

if anyone has a suggestion please, dont hesitate. Or if you have a similar experience let me know.