Please Suggestions For Best Surgeon For Hairline?

Ismagom7

Reaction score
Can someone with experience PLEASE provide me with a list of best hair transplant surgeons for Hairline in or outside the US. I'd be forever thankful.

Ismagom7

Reaction score
I think the best surgeons hair transplant in the world are:

In US Dr. Umar
In Canada Dr. Hasson & Wong
In EU (in Belgium) Dr. Feriduni and Dr. ********
In Turkey Dr. Erdogan
In India Dr. Poswal

I think that clinic HDC is also very good. In Cypr.

The best and the lowest hairlines they do rather in Turkey.

Personally I judge that Dr. Feriduni is the best.
Dr. Poswal is the best of BHT and he was pioneer in BHT, but now guess he doesn't personally any transplant.

Awesome! Thank you so MUCH!!!!

Deadman1

Established Member
Reaction score
I think the best surgeons hair transplant in the world are:

In US Dr. Umar
In Canada Dr. Hasson & Wong
In EU (in Belgium) Dr. Feriduni and Dr. ********
In Turkey Dr. Erdogan
In India Dr. Poswal

I think that clinic HDC is also very good. In Cypr.

The best and the lowest hairlines they do rather in Turkey.

Personally I judge that Dr. Feriduni is the best.
Dr. Poswal is the best of BHT and he was pioneer in BHT, but now guess he doesn't personally any transplant.

Beware: Take Umar off the list. He does the worst hairlines. He botched my hairline badly and won't respond to me. He is very responsive when trying to get money but once you have issues or concerns he goes silent. There is a reason you don't see positive reviews about him on hair loss forums.

Dench57

My Regimen
Reaction score
Rahal in Toronto
Konior in Chicago

Ismagom7

Reaction score
Yeah I meant best ones for hairlines. Im considering someone outside of USA since its way cheaper.

Deadman1

Established Member
Reaction score
Umar was a disciple Paswal, and he does good hair transplant and BHT, but I didn't say he does the best hairlines in the world.:)

Have you seen his actual work? He doesn't do even half way acceptable hairlines. I am not just talking artistry because he is clueless on that. He just quickly draws a half assed sloppy uneven hairline. But that's not the worst part. Besides being grossly lopsided, he tries to put them too low, which wouldn't be a problem if you have enough donor hair and he used the necessary 30 to 35 grafts per sq centimeter (normal hair is 50 to 75 per sq cm) but he will use 0 to 5 grafts per sq centimeter. You don't look like a bad hair transplant. You look like a botched hair transplant because that's what it is. It looks like the old plugs but with a lot more bare skin in between the grafts. He also doesn't put them randomly. He puts them in rows so it looks like you have scars of bare skin in between rows.I am not kidding.

He will also use nape hair and people think that is good. However, he doesn't use nape hair right at the front to soften and blend the hairline, he will use it for the hairline and will use it sparsely, like I said 1 to 5 grafts per sq centimeter. Then if you have a receded hairline, instead of having some soft hairs in front, he will give you a wide band of sparse hair in front of the hairline which looks completely unnatural and like a total botch job. You don't have a soft hairline going into a more dense one. You have a band of spare hair growth and then a solid hairline. His hair transplant isn't good either. He won't try to give you uniform coverage. You will end up with streaks of hair in some areas and then bare patches in others.

Oh, and for beard hair, he won't take it from under the chin and neck. He will take it from the front of the chin, the upper lip, and the cheeks. Why? Because there is more chance of scarring so you come back for laser resurfacing for the holes and pits he left in your face which wouldn't have been noticeable if he had used the beard hair from you neck and under your chin. And don't think of growing a beard again. Unlike he shows in his videos, he doesn't space out where he takes the grafts so it isn't noticeable. He will take them from a continuous area so you have bald spots.

Most hair transplant surgeons stand behind their work. Umar is a spineless coward who won't even respond if you have concerns. He is also one of the stupidest people I ever met. Something definitely wrong with the guy.

Wylie

Reaction score
Beware: Take Umar off the list. He does the worst hairlines. He botched my hairline badly and won't respond to me. He is very responsive when trying to get money but once you have issues or concerns he goes silent. There is a reason you don't see positive reviews about him on hair loss forums.

That is not the case with me. Not sure what he did wrong for you, do you have any pictures of your hairline? My hairline looks amazing, and he had to add nape hair to it because I didn't have enough scalp hair. I think Dr. Umar does incredible hairline work, and is much better than Dr. Arvind in India, who initially trained him. The only other doctor who can do BHT on his level is Woods in Australia and ******** in Belgium.

Deadman1

Established Member
Reaction score
Ok. Your opinion is valuable and important if you know him personally and if you had done hair transplant by him. Personally I don't know him, so I will not say anything about him. And of course I do not want to argue with you. But the fact is that he was a disciple Arvind Poswal, and brought his tools to the United States.

The second issue is the fact that: I do not know how was your state of baldness and the truth is that with a blank even Solomon will not dispense. I also haven't seen your photos. If someone is about Norwood 6-7 it will never have teenager's hairlines or any female's hairline, and hair transplant doesn't give some good effects, so it is important to treat it in advance to it was not too late (of course if someone wants to treat it).

Currently, many good doctors no longer performs hair transplants personally, but they have staff to do so.

Yes I had hair transplant done by him. I had plug grafts done years ago and all I wanted was the gaps between them filled in in the front rows. Very simple request, probably 50 to 100 grafts would have done it. Hairline was already in place. Just fill in the gaps.

He told me he would exceed my expectations. Instead of filling in the gaps Umar made a new hairline 1/2 inch lower.and created grossly uneven temples (one way too far towards the center of my forehead and one very receded toward my ear).. I had concerns about this and brought up more than once how I don't see how putting hairs in front of the gaps is going to fill in the gaps but he insisted that is how it needs to be done. I trusted the guy knows what he is doing but he only put 0 to 5 hairs per sq cm in the hairline. A normal transplant uses about 30 to 35 hairs per sq cm. So now I have this hard dense hairline with a half inch band of widely spaced sparse hair growth directly in front of it, a complete botch job like some guy in an alley practicing hair transplants for the first time. No blending, no softness to the hairline. So not only were the gaps not filled in, he created a lot more which are impossible to conceal. When contacted at 9 months he said it would take "considerably more grafts" to fill in the gaps.

If he would have filled in the gaps or even put hairs in a 1/8 inch area below the hair line it would have worked but it is horrible. When I asked to fix the temples he quotes me 150% more in fees for his screw up. After a year when I told him I am completely dissatisfied with the results he didn't have the guts to respond. That more than anything should tell you about his honesty and ethics.

There are a lot more horrific details so PM me if you want to know how he runs his practice.

True about many doctors no longer doing the procedures. Cole is like that. You pay more for his reputation and experience and end up getting assistance who just left some low paying hair transplant doctor to come work for him.

Deadman1

Established Member
Reaction score
That is not the case with me. Not sure what he did wrong for you, do you have any pictures of your hairline? My hairline looks amazing, and he had to add nape hair to it because I didn't have enough scalp hair. I think Dr. Umar does incredible hairline work, and is much better than Dr. Arvind in India, who initially trained him. The only other doctor who can do BHT on his level is Woods in Australia and ******** in Belgium.

When did you have the work done? How much did you pay if you want to say?

I just posted what he did to my hairline in a reply so you can read it. He F'ed up so badly in so many ways.

He used nape hair on my temples but he doesn't use it directly in front to soften it, he used it entirely but very sparse and spaced out so I have my original temple hair and this big gap of sparse hair in front of it. I showed him pictures of how I part my hair but he is so stupid he put the same number of rows of grafts at the top of my temple (very few) as below it going down towards my sideburn. Now picture this. If you were placing hairs at the part at my temple (which he put too low so my natural part which is higher has to nose dive near my temple to meet the temple he sloppily drew in) you have to put more there because there is no hair above them to cover the skin while you can use less the farther down you go because there is hair from above to cover it. Similar to how a FUT scar in the donor area is covered by the hair above it. You could actually put a lot of hairs at the top of the temple and few below it because those hairs at the top will be enough to cover below when they grow. Umar is too dumb to understand that concept.

So not only did he badly botch my hairline as you can read about in my other reply, my temple has a bald area because he put way too few grafts there, just like my hairline.

The main thing you have to remember is that when I told him my concerns a year later, he didn't even have the balls to reply. Just a spineless coward hiding from his botch job. That right there tells you his ethics.

He may have been good at one time but there is something definitely wrong with the guy now.

Deadman1

Established Member
Reaction score
Here are several examples of Umar's bad hairline work.

Look at this Umar hairline at 00:45.

Granted the guy was a Norwood 7 and I am the first to say any hair is better than bald (even when it is all beard and other people say it looks bad), but this is an awful job. It looks like Umar put a bowl on that guys face face and traced along the edge to make the hairline. If you have a high hairline you want to recede the temples not make a rainbow. But what do I know? I'm not an hair transplant surgeon, just a victim.

Look at this page, first set of pictures below the video.

https://www.dermhairclinic.com/

The image on the left. Put a straight edge horizontally on the widow's peak and go up. See how you hit the hairline at the right temple well before the temple on the left? Also notice how the left hairline is angled downward much more than the right? And this is one of his better ones being on the front page. Umar did this to me. That's just plain lazy and sloppy especially for the money you are paying him.

Here is another lopsided hairline, first picture below the video. Might be the same guy as above I talked about above.

https://www.dermhairclinic.com/testimonials-los-angeles-hair-loss-restoration/

And I saved my favorite for last.

https://www.dermhairclinic.com/dermhair-clinic-services-los-angeles-hair-restoration/

First set of pictures below the video. Look how the hairline on the right side at the temple is much farther down than the left. Put a straight edge horizontally on that picture and when you move it up and hit the hairline at the right temple, notice how much bare skin is on the left side temple.

Then look at the picture next to it, top right. Notice how the left temple is almost like a 90 degree angle but the right is just rounded off? Umar did that to me only much worse.

Now look at the two pictures below it and the still picture on the video. What is that point of hair right below the temple? Nobody has that naturally. They have it much farther down right above the eyebrows but not way up there. As a "world renowned" hair transplant surgeon you'd think the guy would study natural hairlines and try to duplicate them. What is he thinking?

I had a perfectly fine plug hairline done years ago for 1/10th the cost of Umar. All Umar had to do was fill in the gaps or put grafts 1/8 inch below the hairline. It was already done for him. Instead he draws a lopsided, different heights and angles between left and right side, and completely different temples, one receded and a sharp 90 degree angle and the other the opposite of receded and too much rounded.

For what this guy is charging nothing even close to these examples should be happening. He is a perfect example of someone with a lot of experience doing the wrong thing over and over.

pjhair

My Regimen
Reaction score
Rahal in Toronto
Konior in Chicago

This. In North America, I haven't seen anyone doing better hairline than Rahal using FUT. However, I am not sure about his FUE results. Konior is pretty good too. If I remember correctly, Konior is the only surgeon who doesn't rely on techs to do the hair transplant and does the whole procedure by himself.

Wylie

Reaction score
Here are several examples of Umar's bad hairline work.

Look at this Umar hairline at 00:45.

Granted the guy was a Norwood 7 and I am the first to say any hair is better than bald (even when it is all beard and other people say it looks bad), but this is an awful job. It looks like Umar put a bowl on that guys face face and traced along the edge to make the hairline. If you have a high hairline you want to recede the temples not make a rainbow. But what do I know? I'm not an hair transplant surgeon, just a victim.

Look at this page, first set of pictures below the video.

https://www.dermhairclinic.com/

The image on the left. Put a straight edge horizontally on the widow's peak and go up. See how you hit the hairline at the right temple well before the temple on the left? Also notice how the left hairline is angled downward much more than the right? And this is one of his better ones being on the front page. Umar did this to me. That's just plain lazy and sloppy especially for the money you are paying him.

Here is another lopsided hairline, first picture below the video. Might be the same guy as above I talked about above.

https://www.dermhairclinic.com/testimonials-los-angeles-hair-loss-restoration/

And I saved my favorite for last.

https://www.dermhairclinic.com/dermhair-clinic-services-los-angeles-hair-restoration/

First set of pictures below the video. Look how the hairline on the right side at the temple is much farther down than the left. Put a straight edge horizontally on that picture and when you move it up and hit the hairline at the right temple, notice how much bare skin is on the left side temple.

Then look at the picture next to it, top right. Notice how the left temple is almost like a 90 degree angle but the right is just rounded off? Umar did that to me only much worse.

Now look at the two pictures below it and the still picture on the video. What is that point of hair right below the temple? Nobody has that naturally. They have it much farther down right above the eyebrows but not way up there. As a "world renowned" hair transplant surgeon you'd think the guy would study natural hairlines and try to duplicate them. What is he thinking?

I had a perfectly fine plug hairline done years ago for 1/10th the cost of Umar. All Umar had to do was fill in the gaps or put grafts 1/8 inch below the hairline. It was already done for him. Instead he draws a lopsided, different heights and angles between left and right side, and completely different temples, one receded and a sharp 90 degree angle and the other the opposite of receded and too much rounded.

For what this guy is charging nothing even close to these examples should be happening. He is a perfect example of someone with a lot of experience doing the wrong thing over and over.

Looking at the still pictures, I don't see anything wrong with the temple point pictured. One thing I have learned on these forums (been reading since 2007, when I first got wind of beard hair, and for the first time in 15 years thought there could be a chance I'd look normal again) is it usually boils down to two things when it comes to unhappy patients:

1) Botched work. The patient is genuinely happy because he received a poor result. When said patient posts pictures it confirms that the work done does not meet the standard of quality expected by a reputable doctor.

2) Unrealistic expectations. A lot of guys who get this work done are obsessive about their hair. I've seen plenty of guys get work done who didn't even need it done. I've seen others obsess over their result and complain endlessly when their result actually looks quite good.

The only way to tell is thru pictures. I'd like to see why you are disappointed.

Deadman1

Established Member
Reaction score
This. In North America, I haven't seen anyone doing better hairline than Rahal using FUT. However, I am not sure about his FUE results. Konior is pretty good too. If I remember correctly, Konior is the only surgeon who doesn't rely on techs to do the hair transplant and does the whole procedure by himself.

I just looked at Konior's website and he does some nice hairlines. His repair work is very good. Make sure you click on the pictures because he is just showing a couple of before on the thumbnails so you might think one is a before and the other an after. When he draws a lower hairline he actually fills it in so it looks like a new hairline and you can't tell the difference between the old and new hairline. Unlike Umar did to me with a sparse and spaced out 1/2 inch wide band of grafts below the hairline making a huge contrast between the old hairline and the new one for a completely unnatural look.

Last edited:

Ismagom7

Reaction score
Thank you everyone...ok so far it's either Hasson in Canada, Shapiro in USA or ******** in Belgium. What do you guys think though? ******** is the cheapest but I don't know about traveling to Belgium since there has been some few terrorists attacks in the past year.