Please Stop Saying Get On Propecia Asap

ozm8ey

Established Member
Reaction score
I see a lot of people say get on propecia asap. You shouldn't say that since propecia is a prescription medication. You're not qualified to tell someone to get on medication, but maybe only recommend it. You're not a Doctor. Its like telling someone to get on seroquel because they feel depressed

lamch

Reaction score
Individuals are allowed to have an opinion on a diagnosis, doctor or not. This is the internet you know. Also, In some cases, people on forums can be more helpful than doctors. I cant remember the exact story, but a woman had a weard illness that doctors couldnt diagnose. Years later she found someone on the internet with the same symtpons as her, and thus she managed to diagnose herself with the help of a "randomer" online.

Dontwannabeabetabob

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
People on these forums are much more knowledgeable than a practitioner when it comes to hair loss...Even most derms, you're best off seeing a hair transplant surgeon before most derms or doctors.

JeanLucBB

My Regimen
Reaction score
Some people here would get on their knees and suck off a derm just to hear them tell you what minoxidil is.

Unfortunately in the real world, incompetence is EVERYWHERE. Derms are just as f*****g retarded as anyone else. If competence mattered all that much in this world, Hilary Clinton wouldn't have been the f*****g Democrat nominee.

That retarded sheep like nature is why we have a world that believes trashing the US economy and letting China dominate the world in the name of Global Warming is a wonderful idea (Whoopzz, I meant climate change)

hanginginthewire

Reaction score
Yeah both my general practitioner and a dermatologist that I visited were f*****g USELESS and clueless about hair loss. Worse, they both had an attitude of "what's the big deal" and didn't make any effort to sympathize, none whatsoever.

I used to be confused when people made such a fuss about "keeping their own doctor" and so forth because to me a doctor was a doctor. But yeah incompetence reigns supreme and the hivemind of the internet is better than some a**h** doctor. Who knows maybe some problem-solving alogrithim will be what develops a baldness cure.

hanginginthewire

Reaction score
That said I do have a weird pet peeve about propecia being called "medicine." Propecia is a crapshoot roll of the dice its not going to "heal" you from male pattern baldness.

hanginginthewire

Reaction score
It doesn't cure male pattern baldness, it halts or slows the progression. All regular users understand this.

Well my other pet peeve is when "halts OR slows" is said in the same breath. Those are two very different things in terms of developing a long term strategy for addressing hair loss.

And if indeed propecia sometimes "halts" hair loss for the lucky, how would that not be a cure?

g.i joey

Reaction score
And if indeed propecia sometimes "halts" hair loss for the lucky, how would that not be a cure?

Because once you stop taking it progression kicks back in. It's a treatment, for the people who can keep their hair on propecia, they are simply TREATING male pattern baldness and not CURING it.

rclark

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Fu*k doctors! & fu*k prscriptions!

Fu*ked doctors say that Androgenetic Alopecia/male pattern baldness is the some fuc*** ''cosmetic problem only'', and not any serious genetic illness. SO FU*K THEM !!!

Maybe you don't know but I came back to life again thanks all these drugs.

Go to dermatiologists ha ha ha ha haaaaaah..... ? For fuc*** why ? They don't want prescribe any meds for hairloss treatment !!!

Every one who's adult has the law to buy medications for own use, even without prescription in most places in the world!

Besides every one has own brain and can think. So every one can decide: to take the drugs or not!

f*** EVERYBODY. That's right. Get behind them SCREW THEM!

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Well my other pet peeve is when "halts OR slows" is said in the same breath. Those are two very different things in terms of developing a long term strategy for addressing hair loss.

When someone says "halts or slows", they're acknowledging that they're two distinct possibilities. It's in the sentence structure, and the use of the word "or" to imply a dichotomy between distinct outcomes.

Halting hairloss is a cure if you catch it early.

Dench57

My Regimen
Reaction score
op needs to get on propecia asap

tokoe

My Regimen
Reaction score
has someone experienced profuse sweating while on finasteride 1 mg ? can someone shed some light as to why this might happen ?

rclark

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
has someone experienced profuse sweating while on finasteride 1 mg ? can someone shed some light as to why this might happen ?

Maybe you're allergic to Finasteride or something in the generic. This happens a lot with Minoxidil, especially when 95% is not Minoxidil.

A bad reaction. Try another generic brand, just to be on the safe side.

tokoe

My Regimen
Reaction score
Maybe you're allergic to Finasteride or something in the generic. This happens a lot with Minoxidil, especially when 95% is not Minoxidil.

A bad reaction. Try another generic brand, just to be on the safe side.

actually i took propecia for over 2 years many years ago then stopped it. i used to sweat a lot but i didnt know why. now that i started using a generic and started sweating again i realized that finasteride is the issue. i just wanted some explanation for this and maybe a way to circumvent this side effect without quitting the medication as my hair got better.

thanks for the reply...

Armando Jose

My Regimen
Reaction score
Halting hairloss is a cure if you catch it early.

I am with you, a cure of this problem is a real preventive method,
Prevention better than cure.
Regain hair lost years before is ridiculous, but impossible .
its better lost some battle but win the war.

But we need know which is the real triggering event in common hair loss,..., I have some ideas though

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
I am with you, a cure of this problem is a real preventive method,
Prevention better than cure.
Regain hair lost years before is ridiculous, but impossible .
its better lost some battle but win the war.

But we need know which is the real triggering event in common hair loss,..., I have some ideas though

What are your ideas?

Armando Jose

My Regimen
Reaction score
What are your ideas?

I think that problems with sebum flow are the initial problem with common hair loss. Hardened sebum can interfere with the movement of stem cells and so it can explain the miniaturized hairs before the total loss of hairs, also it can explain the inflammation observed in our issue, it can explain the pattern of hair loss, it can explain the dinamic process and the reason that first hairloss are in the front line and the crown, etc etc. You know my ideas very well thought.

kj6723

My Regimen
Reaction score
Terrible thread

It's the best advice that can be given to the majority of male pattern baldness sufferers

The dangerous advice is from those who encourage alternative methods first

Meanwhile you're follicles continue to die, you lose precious time, and your hope of being restored psychologically and emotionally becomes further and further from a possibility