Please Settle My Nerves Am I Thinning?

steve1990

My Regimen
Reaction score
hi guys ive read this forum a few times partly due to comments my partner has made.
in the last year she has said that she has noticed im thinning on the crown and at the hairline and i wanted to know if you think this is true.
she has created this doubt about my hair and i am worried she's right but i can tell, she only notices when my hair is shorter than it is in the pictures, im not sure what to take so i thought i would ask you guys here for advice as i don't want to start jumping the gun and taking all sorts without actually needing it.
im kind of hoping to get away with just maybe using a good shampoo that'll thicken my hair up or one like alpecin or if needed a Minoxidil 5% w/w foam branded.

apologies as i haven't been able to wash my hair today

Attachments

• IMG_3853.JPG
    IMG_3853.JPG
    89.8 KB · Views: 444
  • IMG_7038.JPG
    IMG_7038.JPG
    92.9 KB · Views: 447
  • IMG_8659.JPG
    IMG_8659.JPG
    100.4 KB · Views: 439
  • IMG_9933.JPG
    IMG_9933.JPG
    90.7 KB · Views: 436

mr_robot

Experienced Member
Reaction score
hi guys ive read this forum a few times partly due to comments my partner has made.
in the last year she has said that she has noticed im thinning on the crown and at the hairline and i wanted to know if you think this is true.
she has created this doubt about my hair and i am worried she's right but i can tell, she only notices when my hair is shorter than it is in the pictures, im not sure what to take so i thought i would ask you guys here for advice as i don't want to start jumping the gun and taking all sorts without actually needing it.
im kind of hoping to get away with just maybe using a good shampoo that'll thicken my hair up or one like alpecin or if needed a Minoxidil 5% w/w foam branded.

apologies as i haven't been able to wash my hair today

Unfortunately definitely male pattern baldness, if it's not aggressive it kind of creeps up on you to a point where it starts to get noticeable which is definitely the case here. Most shampoos are BS and wont do much, you can try minoxidil if you don't mind going through the shed. I suggest you also get vitamin d and zinc supplementation, I find that minoxidil works much better with them. You could go the full hog and try finasteride if you don't mind messing around with your hormones but there is also the risk of sexual sides.

This might sound like strange advice but I'd look to commit to your partner if you have not already done so, if you are going bald and she's still beside you sounds like a keeper. Just my opinion.

steve1990

My Regimen
Reaction score
Unfortunately definitely male pattern baldness, if it's not aggressive it kind of creeps up on you to a point where it starts to get noticeable which is definitely the case here. Most shampoos are BS and wont do much, you can try minoxidil if you don't mind going through the shed. I suggest you also get vitamin d and zinc supplementation, I find that minoxidil works much better with them. You could go the full hog and try finasteride if you don't mind messing around with your hormones but there is also the risk of sexual sides.

This might sound like strange advice but I'd look to commit to your partner if you have not already done so, if you are going bald and she's still beside you sounds like a keeper. Just my opinion.

right so this looks like the start of going bold, joy. im not really keen on trying finasteride purely as i don't want the sides or the risk anyway, how bad is the shed im kinda worried it'll make it noticeably worse before it gets better or is it not as bad as it sounds.
lol we're engaged and she's a solid support regardless she is definitely a keeper

Rudolphus

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
right so this looks like the start of going bold, joy. im not really keen on trying finasteride purely as i don't want the sides or the risk anyway, how bad is the shed im kinda worried it'll make it noticeably worse before it gets better or is it not as bad as it sounds.
lol we're engaged and she's a solid support regardless she is definitely a keeper
You definitely have male pattern baldness. It is pretty much Finasteride or nothing at this moment in time. Better treatments are likely to come out in the future, but right now Finasteride is all we have that really works. Minoxidil and Nizoral do help a little bit but they're not strong enough on their own to successfully treat hair loss over the long-term. You basically have the choice to take Finasteride and keep your hair at the expense of possible side-effects, or choose not to take it and continue to lose your hair.

Last edited:

abcdefg

Reaction score
IMO if someone that knows you and sees you quite a lot mentions your going bald or thinning they are most likely right. They arent going to lie to you or make it up. If your over 30 years old and male there isnt much reason to doubt its anything but male pattern baldness. Its just so statistically likely

ElTioLaBota

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Wtf is that blue-pilled mindset? For real...
OP just get on the big three and keep that haircut, and you'll do good.

Endmymisery

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You 27 years old? If so, then it's not that aggressive. Look into finasteride, it may help u keep and thicken it up for more than a decade.

mr_robot

Experienced Member
Reaction score

The shed can be bad, but it was n't for me I mainly lost the thinner weaker hairs. Whether you shed or not the lost hairs are not permenant.

You can use minoxidil with Pantostin which is a weak topical 5ar inhibitor with no sides as your hairloss does not seem to very agressive. I'ill re-iterate the vitamin D (atleast 1000iu) and zinc in addition.

shookwun

Reaction score
The Start?

been going bald for awhile by the looks of it.

biddybomb

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I know this will come off as being an a**h** but that is certainly aggressive hairloss for anyone under the age of 30. You quite simply are destined for complete baldness unless you do something soon because it seems like every hair on top of your head is being ravaged by the DHT demon.

shookwun

Reaction score
I know this will come off as being an a**h** but that is certainly aggressive hairloss for anyone under the age of 30. You quite simply are destined for complete baldness unless you do something soon because it seems like every hair on top of your head is being ravaged by the DHT demon.
as of right now hes destined to be a nw6. however if that crown and sides dip any further then it would be a free ticket to norwood cemetery (7)

sides are completely gone also.