Please Please Help. Finasteride Side Effects

silentpain89

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hello guys,
im very, very frustrated..Any help woud be very much appreciated...
Can anyone tell me from self experience, how long it takes to fully recover from finasteride sides?
Would the sides be coming again, afte one completely stopped the drug and made a recovery?
Please answer me..Im going like insane!!!!

TylerDurdenn

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Tried finasteride 2 times, both times it took 1-3 weeks. No one can tell you how long time it will take for you to recover. The sides will probably not come back after you recovered.

How long have it been for you? What sides have you experienced? You will most likely recover fully, no reason to panic.

silentpain89

My Regimen
Reaction score
Well i use finasteride for almost three years...I maintained very well on it..I had just watery Semen till now..Last December, and because my itchy scalp was killing me, i went and tried Dutasteride for 4 Weeks..That totally killed my libido, and i stopped, and went back to finasteride...Sides were in 1 week diminshed...A while after that, i tried topical spironolacton, which i just made from Aldactone 100mg with Isopropranol as 3 % solution...Three weeks after that...The shock..Numb penis, Total lack if libido...Im just panicking...I stopped spironolactone 10 days ago, and finasteride 3 days ago...I still dont feel a thing down there :(

Manochoice

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Did you have any sides at all in the first 3 years on Finasteride?

silentpain89

My Regimen
Reaction score
Well aside from watery Semen, and not so much morning woods, no not really major side effects...I had a very strong sex drive, and i was able to sleep with my gf sometimes 5-6 times a day...Im now a sad balding man, with a limb Di**...
Did you have side effects from Finasteride, and did they go aways when you stopped using it?
Anyone had side effects from topical Spironolactone or fluridil?

Vincent5

My Regimen
Reaction score
I stopped finasteride 2 months ago, my libido and other sexual sides would come back close to normal but then again gonne worse. I feel better but still did I am not recovered, idk how long it might take but for me after 2 months now I am still sufferind

silentpain89

My Regimen
Reaction score
Thx for replying Vincent...
Did you stop FInasteride cold turkey or tapered off?How long did you use before?What are your sides, that you are still having?

silentpain89

My Regimen
Reaction score
Oh come on guys..Im sure many of you could tell me something more...I really i really need help..Im going like crazy :(

washed_up

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Oh come on guys..Im sure many of you could tell me something more...I really i really need help..Im going like crazy :(

thinking about it will just make it worse. better to try and distract yourself for a while and see what happens.

WaterlooSunrise

My Regimen
Reaction score
It took me about three months to recover. Watch what you eat and get a lot of exercise. Stop thinking about it and don’t panic-masturbate to make sure your dick still works (this will invariably yield bad results). Most importantly, for the love of all that is holy do not visit propeciahelp. Do not begin defining yourself by your temporary side effects and do not entertain the possibility that you are permanently damaged. Your hormones just need to recover.

Manochoice

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Well aside from watery Semen, and not so much morning woods, no not really major side effects...I had a very strong sex drive, and i was able to sleep with my gf sometimes 5-6 times a day...Im now a sad balding man, with a limb Di**...
Did you have side effects from Finasteride, and did they go aways when you stopped using it?
Anyone had side effects from topical Spironolactone or fluridil?
I am not and never took and AAs due to the possibility of sides. Of what I've read, statistics are on your side for a full recovery.

MikeJay

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
i took cipla finasteride back in 2005 and experienced these classic sides.

I stopped it after 1 month... but during that 2 months hair was growing well.. but the sides persisted many years after,,,to a lesser degree than taking finasteride.

i restarted finasteride ( finax) 3 days ago .... almost after 17 years...did not experience the sexual side effects but some physical syndrome like single episode of diarrhea ,a mild headeache and sweating....

SnortingFin

My Regimen
Reaction score

I stopped it after 1 month... but during that 2 months hair was growing well.. but the sides persisted many years after,,,to a lesser degree than taking finasteride.

i restarted finasteride ( finax) 3 days ago .... almost after 17 years...did not experience the sexual side effects but some physical syndrome like single episode of diarrhea ,a mild headeache and sweating....
Still on it? What dose?

supermusic

Established Member
Reaction score

Be carefull. Sides are more strong when you restar It, anda can be permanent.

MikeJay

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Be carefull. Sides are more strong when you restar It, anda can be permanent.
Still on it? What dose?
I am on 1mg Dr Reddy finax. Previously in 2005 I took cipla finpecia..

What makes u say it will be stronger second time. So far not experienced anything like that. Only the first time in 2005. Currently on omega 3 , evening primrose oil and msm. Not sure if these helped to mitigate the sides.. That's the difference between currently and back in 2005

SnortingFin

My Regimen
Reaction score
I am on 1mg Dr Reddy finax. Previously in 2005 I took cipla finpecia..

What makes u say it will be stronger second time. So far not experienced anything like that. Only the first time in 2005. Currently on omega 3 , evening primrose oil and msm. Not sure if these helped to mitigate the sides.. That's the difference between currently and back in 2005
MSM dose? Do you take it at night or morning?