Please Help

Reaction score
SO...I was here before on a different user name, forgot it cause my hair problems seemed to be going away with the help of Propecia. However I am back and balder than ever lol. Anyway, my questions are many and need answering. First off I have been on Propecia for about 9 months. I had massive shedding before it and it continued to about the 4th month I'd guess where it stopped significantly. Went from about 40 hairs in the shower and blow drying, to about 5 or less. However now I am back to massive shedding and it is scaring me. Plus it seems when I put my hair the way I want it, the "coverage" and thickness of the hair behind the front is ALOT thicker. However the front seems to have continued to thin and looks dismal if inspected(to me at least). I have about 8 inch long hair, so the back hairs cover the frontal line pretty well, but still I am scared. Should I continue Propecia until the 12 month mark to see if the thickness in the front returns somewhat or should I disband my regiment and welcome my plight to baldness at 22 (I am currently 19). Plus has anyone had any help with Nano Shampoo in the front. Also any suggestions on shampoos that make your hair more "lively" and "full".
And one more thing about the massive shedding. The hairs seem to be alot shorter than most of the hair on my head, could this mean the minaturization process is continuing to plague me or could it mean in the 9 month stage they are vellous hairs and falling out and are going to come back more full and regular length? It doesen't make sense to me that they would be the vellous hairs falling out that come back more full because I was led to believe that that happens in the first 4 months. O well any answers appreciated, and sorry for the length, a lot on my mind.

Thanx

ShedMaster

Reaction score
Continue with the propecia. By the 12 or 13th month mark your hair should recover. The fact that you experienced an early shed followed by regrowth and now are experiencing another shed means that the treatment is working. Do not get discouraged. I would probably would have added minoxidil before and you might consider doing it now. This would probably be better in the long run since you stated that the frontal hair didnt respond the way you wanted. Although, some might not recommend it since you experienced regrowth before on propecia alone.

Bottom line, sheds are a part of life on propecia. They can be a positive sign. Read the new newsletter which has a writeup on sheds caused by hairloss treatments.

Reaction score
Thanx man.

Anyone got any suggestions about Nano Shampoo and any other Shampoos that make hair look more "full"..Ive head courve shampoo works pretty good, anyone?

ShedMaster

Reaction score
FuneralforaFriend said:
Thanx man.

Anyone got any suggestions about Nano Shampoo and any other Shampoos that make hair look more "full"..Ive head courve shampoo works pretty good, anyone?

I use thicker fuller hair brand shampoo, condition, and hair spray. Works great and many others like this as well. Some swear by infusion 123 brand products also. They are both cheap and you can get them from walgreens.

xXx

Established Member
Reaction score
I am going to start COUVRe shampoo from today. Will let you know.

Hairless Potter

Established Member
Reaction score
You should also be using nizoral shampoo every third day. Maybe you already are, I'm not sure. Anyway, nizoral is a crucial component to sucess with propecia, as most in this forum will tell you. You can pick it up in any drug store, by the rogaine. It takes care of the itch pretty well. T-gel shampoo is a great addition on the other days. Good luck

NilesTilden

Established Member
Reaction score
'pecia did do poo for my hairline. it just got worse for over 3 years on it. then, 1 year ago i started the minoxidil. it is me savior. i've had regrowth and thickening throughout the frontal area.

you get on the minoxidil right away, young hair warrior! or this veteran of the hair wars will come to your house every night, restrain you and put it on myself!

Fight On, Hair Warrior!

The Gardener

Reaction score
I have to second what Shed, H Potter, and Niles have advised you. Shedding is very common, but if you are shedding so badly as to have a visual impact on your hairline then it is time to add in a regrowth stimulant, minoxidil. minoxidil typically makes you shed as well, but considering that you have already gone through a shed I suspect that the great majority of your telogen/resting hairs are out already. minoxidil will buy you time, if you are a responder to it.

Add in Nizoral shampoo 3-4 times a week. It will help counteract the inital flaking that many get when starting minoxidil, it's good for your scalp, and it supposedly has some regrowth properties of its own, it actually attacks the hairloss cycle from a third perspective. If your hairloss is as significant as you describe, it is time for you to give up on the pill a day option and mount a multi-layered offensive against it. Layered defenses, just as in homeland security, it is an effective strategy for hairloss as well.

In addition to what the others above have suggested, if you are serious about going into the combat you are about to engage in to save your hair, you also need to take a good look at your nutritional regime. If you smoke, it is time to quit. It's terrible on your vascular system. Good Luck. Gardener