Please Help...Scratching Bad and Hairloss

debataloss

Reaction score
Hi Everyone
Im new to this message board and Im trying to find some answers to my sudden hair loss. I am ITCHING SO BAD!!!! And my hair is thinning out all of a sudden. I have no idea whats going on. I have not been to the dr yet. Have no ins. Will get there. Anyone else out there ITCH BAD??? Going Crazy with this. The only thing that has changed in my lifestyle is that I was on a Low Carb diet for 3 months and suddenly stopped about 1 and a half months ago. I never had hair loss or itching when I was on the diet and about 3 weeks ago my hair started falling out and for about 2 weeks I have been Itching. Maybe a bad reaction from the diet. This does not make any sense. thank you in advance for any and all advice you all can give me. :(

G

debataloss said:
Hi Everyone
Im new to this message board and Im trying to find some answers to my sudden hair loss. I am ITCHING SO BAD!!!! And my hair is thinning out all of a sudden. I have no idea whats going on. I have not been to the dr yet. Have no ins. Will get there. Anyone else out there ITCH BAD??? Going Crazy with this. The only thing that has changed in my lifestyle is that I was on a Low Carb diet for 3 months and suddenly stopped about 1 and a half months ago. I never had hair loss or itching when I was on the diet and about 3 weeks ago my hair started falling out and for about 2 weeks I have been Itching. Maybe a bad reaction from the diet. This does not make any sense. thank you in advance for any and all advice you all can give me. :(

Several thoughts--

Adequate essential fatty acids in your diet now?

Shampoo habits--overdoing it?

Do you have dandruff now?

Start on Nizoral or TGEL and see how you do in a week or so. Use as directed.

Or go to dermatologist.

Good luck

debataloss

Reaction score
Thanks BruceLee for the response. My diet now is the same as it was before I started the Low Carb diet. I never had any problems then ever. I do not have dandruff and I have been trying the T-gel and its not working that great. I only shampoo normally 3 times per week and I use the t-gel 3 times per week. You are right that I may need to go to the dr. I may start at a regular Dr. and then go from there. Maybe they can do some bloodwork to see if theres a underlying problem. Making no sense at all and OMG its really scary. I dont even want to brush my hair or even touch it. Thanks for your advice!!!

G

debataloss said:
Thanks BruceLee for the response. My diet now is the same as it was before I started the Low Carb diet. I never had any problems then ever. I do not have dandruff and I have been trying the T-gel and its not working that great. I only shampoo normally 3 times per week and I use the t-gel 3 times per week. You are right that I may need to go to the dr. I may start at a regular Dr. and then go from there. Maybe they can do some bloodwork to see if theres a underlying problem. Making no sense at all and OMG its really scary. I dont even want to brush my hair or even touch it. Thanks for your advice!!!

I am currently on a low carb diet but no issues like you have. I do use a tablespoon of flax oil each day as well as taking fish oil caps.

Good luck

athleticmom

Reaction score
deb, that almost sounds like an allergy or something to me! I would see a dermo soon or an allergist, honestly, because your type of hairloss doesn't seem "typical" (whatever that means here!!!). I might even back up and start using baby shampoo and eat really bland foods for a while to see what happens, fwiw. Good luck! We all know how scary this is! :freaked2:

debataloss

Reaction score
Thank you for your reply. do you think STRESS could make your hair fall out and your head itch?? Could the hair falling out make my head itch?? I am under a bit of stress in the past few weeks, $$$ stress and children stress. More about the $$$ but I cant see losing so much hair over stress. My dad gave me some natural high potecy vitamins and some flaxseed capsules. He also gave me shampoo from a health food store that is natural which Im gonna use for a while, but the idea of baby shampoo is a great idea. There is one other thing that I am using that is new which is THERMA SILK conditioner and hairspray. Any thing on these two things?? Thanks again :roll:

athleticmom

Reaction score
hey Deb: I don't know if those products are new since your itching/hairloss started, but I would bag them if you have had the itching SINCE using them and go with really basic, gentle stuff. Others here might be able to comment regarding the stress thing, but I do think there is SOME relationship. One more thing: I stupidly started taking metabolife a couple of years back and my hair was really falling out then. Since then I am really careful about what I put in my body (food, vitamins, pain relievers when needed, too much coffee, etc), so check and make sure you are sticking to really basic, wholesome things and eat good sources of protein.

babie_b

Reaction score
hey guys,
Just one thing I wanna add. I was in the film industry doing mkaeup and hair. And, from my teachers, they said that it's not good to use baby shampoo...especially johnson's because the pH of a baby's scalp is different from an adult. Also, hair and shoulders increases hairloss after using it for long period of time. I don't know if it is true; I don't have any experience with it but just wanted to tell you guys that. Sorry, hope it helps in any way??

mariejoe

Established Member
Reaction score
IMHO, Johnson's baby shampoo dries my hair. I used it all the time, years ago, when I had long, thikc hair. It dried it out.

I haven't heard any of the guys here reporting hair loss related back to head and shoulders.
Maybe it is the seb derm people have that cause the loss and H & S is being blamed???

mandi

Reaction score
Hello..just thought I'd post to tell you that I have the same type of problem. Lately, my heads been really itchy (not using anything at all..except the norm) I have to Shampoo daily because my hair is super oily. Even when I had thick hair my hair was super oily. I had no choice but to shampoo and condition daily. I also get these little bumps....and sometimes on certain areas of my scalp..it actually hurts...to touch. My hair has been thinning I think for the last year and a half..I am still looking into getting into a good family Doctor to get the blood tests done!......