Please help me with my concerns

BABA

Reaction score
Ok I started to notice my receding hairline a few months ago and it is bothering me very much. I went to the Derm and he gave me a rx for propecia which i have yet to fill.

I have read so many stories on here about the horrible shedding period. I work in an office and can't wear a hat to work. MY question is, is all this really worth it over a receding hairline?

Will finasteride even really help my hairline? I have read good success stories but also some bad ones. Any inspiration would help at the moment. I guess I am afriad of a shed and having my receding hairline look so bad people start to actually notice it dramatically. It has been a hard time and i thank you guys on here with all your knowledge.

The main thing is it is mostly my templets that are bad and im not sure oif finasteride will even help and worth the sheds.

deck28

Reaction score
I'm 29 and have great hair except for a slow receding hairline. I've always had a mature hairline even in my teens, but I've noticed over the years that my hairline is receding. I know it will only get worse over the years so I decided to do something about it. I started propecia over the summer and although it’s only been about 6mo I've noticed an improvement in my hairline. I have lots of new hairs sprouting up where my hairline used to be, so I'm happy. But even if I didn’t seen any result, I would not be bummed; I know I caught the recession early and with propecia I have a great chance of, at the very least, maintaining what I have.

By the way, I have not side effects on propecia.

UK1

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I started it over a montha ago, I've have had several mild side effects and a slight increase in hairloss, I am going to continue the medication regardless as I believe that this is the begining of a positive response.