Please Help Me Predict My Norwood Level For hair transplant( Fue).

Getsomefreshhair

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi everyone,
I am 33 y/o male suffering from Androgenetic Alopecia for the last 10 years. Past 1.5 years I have been wearing a hair system but I have almost decided to have a massive hair transplant (FUE) in a couple of months. I have attached my pics here. Could you please help me estimate my Norwood level and the no. of grafts required? Thanks in advance.

imgur(dot)com(slash)a(slash)Tcrp4d1
Edit: Since I am not yet eligible to post links, please copy the link above, paste in your browser replace the words inside parentheses with their corresponding symbol. Sorry for resorting to the loophole.

WasAGinger

My Regimen
Reaction score
Man, are you sure?
You are basically a NW6.
You would need a lot a money for a lot of grafts (5000+) and you would still seem diffusely bald.
I suggest you shave that sh*t and move on. Don’t hate me.

HairSystemGuy

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Man, are you sure?
You are basically a NW6.
You would need a lot a money for a lot of grafts (5000+) and you would still seem diffusely bald.
I suggest you shave that sh*t and move on. Don’t hate me.

This. Shave it and move on. If you're still in drastic need perhaps consider a hair system. Personally I've cut mine super short and will live with it becaue hair systems must be managed.

WasAGinger

My Regimen
Reaction score
I wonder what drives people to neglect their hair loss and discover it again when they are NW6.

Getsomefreshhair

My Regimen
Reaction score
This. Shave it and move on. If you're still in drastic need perhaps consider a hair system. Personally I've cut mine super short and will live with it becaue hair systems must be managed.
The problem is I have a very weak facial definition and look 2.5 to 3/10 ,like a frail cancer patient , with a shaved head.
I don't want to sport a head full of hair like a 20 year old but if it is realistic to expect a Norwood 2 or 2.5 with a decent hairline and illusion of crown coverage then why not? Besides I am also ready to use hair fibers to conceal gaps in the crown after the transplanted hairs grow back.
So let me rephrase my q: do you think it's possible to get to Norwood 2.5 grade from my current stage with an hair transplant and how many grafts ,in your opinion , must be implanted?

HairSystemGuy

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
The problem is I have a very weak facial definition and look 2.5 to 3/10 ,like a frail cancer patient , with a shaved head.
I don't want to sport a head full of hair like a 20 year old but if it is realistic to expect a Norwood 2 or 2.5 with a decent hairline and illusion of crown coverage then why not? Besides I am also ready to use hair fibers to conceal gaps in the crown after the transplanted hairs grow back.
So let me rephrase my q: do you think it's possible to get to Norwood 2.5 grade from my current stage with an hair transplant and how many grafts ,in your opinion , must be implanted?

Let me put it like this: Give up thinking about hair transplant's because your hair is too far gone.

northpole1

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Its wrong to say that nw6 cant get transplant.Why? Because every individual is different,by that i mean thickness of donor area,hair type,skin..some have higher sides,so therefore more chances to have better result.Another option is recreate hairline,and leave crown bald,or have FUT megasession,then FUE for Max grafts.

Pequod

Experienced Member
Reaction score
If you post the photos so i see them on this page i will tell you. If you're nw6 then you can get a new hairline and some coverage going back, but keep a bald area around the crown and still look decent. You also have to go on medication, which I assume you haven't done.