Please Help Me Im A Depressed 17 Year Old

jxxq

My Regimen
Reaction score
so this is my story. i started having hair loss like 9 months ago. My grandma noticed it and pointed it out to me, but i was in denial, i kept telling her how normal it was to lose hair and that it would all grow back. however that was NOT the case. my scalp became noticable, my part has widened sooo much. my hair is flat and thin and i feel like ive lost over half of it. i grew up with sooo much hair, that was the one thing i was always complimented on. and now my favorite part about myself is gone. i never realized how much it meant to me and i feel so vain for caring this much about my hair but i cant help it. its making me so depressed.i avoid going out bc of it. my best friend pointed out my balding scalp to me before i have gotten to tell her. i feel so ugly. i dont want to live like this. my self esteem has always been something i struggled with. i really focused on it in the past year and i was finally where i wanted to be then BOOM life threw this hair loss at me. i really dont want to be taking drugs because of side effects. i want to be able to have children in the future. i tried taking vitamins but it made me break out like crazy so i stopped. i guess im hoping in taking a natural approach but at the same time i dont want to have false hope in something that hasnt really worked for anyone. im almost sure this is androgenic alopecia bc my mom struggles with hairloss, as well as one of my aunts. however, i want to believe more than anything, that this is due to something else. i want to have something i can take steps to reverse. i just rlly cant go on like this. i dont yeah want to be so depressed all the time. id rather not live than have to live like this

jxxq

My Regimen
Reaction score
if there has been any success with natural approaches then please let me know. i dont want to start rogaine, im only 17, and im aware that once u start you cant stop. im trying to do scalp massages daily, and incorporate more veggies in my meals. i got blood taken out and should be getting those results soon. i really am doing all that i can to try to attack this problem. im okay with having a problem, if theres a way to fix it. hairloss makes me feel old, maybe it the depression that comes with it, but ever since it began i just feel tired all the time. i have no motivation to live. i used to be so happy and energized. i just really hate this. its like a nightmare i cant wait to wake up from, except i wont wake up.

Jonnyyy

My Regimen
Reaction score
if there has been any success with natural approaches then please let me know. i dont want to start rogaine, im only 17, and im aware that once u start you cant stop. im trying to do scalp massages daily, and incorporate more veggies in my meals. i got blood taken out and should be getting those results soon. i really am doing all that i can to try to attack this problem. im okay with having a problem, if theres a way to fix it. hairloss makes me feel old, maybe it the depression that comes with it, but ever since it began i just feel tired all the time. i have no motivation to live. i used to be so happy and energized. i just really hate this. its like a nightmare i cant wait to wake up from, except i wont wake up.
Hey man, 19 here in the same boat as you, if they say you have make pattern baldness, look up the Zix formula, extremely cheap and some people swear by it, I would also add Minoxidil but you can't mix the two, so you have to apply one then wash your hair and apply the other.

Georgie

My Regimen
Reaction score
I’m sorry my love, but if it is indeed androgenetic alopecia, then no natural approaches will help you. First line of defence is usually 5% topical minoxidil and 100-200mg spironolactone daily. If the spironolactone disagrees with you, then perhaps something like cyproterone acetate at 50mg could be useful. I’m so sorry that you are dealing with this so young. Have you recently discontinued a birth control pill? Are you on acne treatment like accutane? Do you have polycystic ovarian syndrome? Do either of your parents or grandparents have hairloss?
What you want to do before anything however is:
- Get a blood test. Female and male hormones, thyroid, iron, B12, zinc, vitamin D.
- Go to a dermatologist. Sometimes if your blood tests don’t give you any idea of what the problem could be, a scalp biopsy will help identify the kind of hairloss you have.

Saurabhaj

Reaction score
Don't be depressed...please share your feelings with somone close to you.
Don't fight this pain alone.

I think you have to use 2% minoxidil..
use mild shampoo .
and check for thyroid profile test.

Shreya Surana

My Regimen
Reaction score
so this is my story. i started having hair loss like 9 months ago. My grandma noticed it and pointed it out to me, but i was in denial, i kept telling her how normal it was to lose hair and that it would all grow back. however that was NOT the case. my scalp became noticable, my part has widened sooo much. my hair is flat and thin and i feel like ive lost over half of it. i grew up with sooo much hair, that was the one thing i was always complimented on. and now my favorite part about myself is gone. i never realized how much it meant to me and i feel so vain for caring this much about my hair but i cant help it. its making me so depressed.i avoid going out bc of it. my best friend pointed out my balding scalp to me before i have gotten to tell her. i feel so ugly. i dont want to live like this. my self esteem has always been something i struggled with. i really focused on it in the past year and i was finally where i wanted to be then BOOM life threw this hair loss at me. i really dont want to be taking drugs because of side effects. i want to be able to have children in the future. i tried taking vitamins but it made me break out like crazy so i stopped. i guess im hoping in taking a natural approach but at the same time i dont want to have false hope in something that hasnt really worked for anyone. im almost sure this is androgenic alopecia bc my mom struggles with hairloss, as well as one of my aunts. however, i want to believe more than anything, that this is due to something else. i want to have something i can take steps to reverse. i just rlly cant go on like this. i dont yeah want to be so depressed all the time. id rather not live than have to live like this

Oh Sorry! That is very awful. I wish that it should never happen to anyone but I know the fact that diseases are unavoidable. I'd like to advice you to build up your confidence. Following are the few techniques that can help:

1. The first step to make peace with your problem is to understand the reason behind it.
As you mentioned that stress is the main cause. Try to figure out what is cause for stress and don't be stressful about exams. Take it calmly, everything goes fine and also don't worry about personal problems. Find the root cause of those problems as well and try to figure out the best possible solution.

2. Strengthen your mind. There are techniques like meditation and yoga that can help you in strengthening not only your mind but your inner soul. These will add peacefulness in your life.

3. Deflect negative comments! Try not to react for negative comments.

4. Find someone who can understand you. Explain your problem to them and tell them that you need help.

Anyways we all are here to help you! Be strong and please visit your nearest doctor.