please help me, any advice would help *pics*

pinkfloyd7

Established Member
Reaction score
its early start with the big 3 if you can afford it
propecia, rogaine on the temples, and nizoral every three days
your hair looks good im sure it would thicken up and the diffuse thinning on the hairline would regrow if u start on the big 3
post your results and good luck!

dfinf4

Reaction score
I just bought a 3 month supply of Rogaine foam 5% minoxidil. I will give this a try and keep you updated.

Also, should I use the Rogaine foam every day? Should I just apply it to my temples? What side effects should I expect? Shedding?

THANKS!

pinkfloyd7

Established Member
Reaction score
twice a day half a cap full morning and evening. Expect possible shedding and thinning of the hair. good luck man

pinkfloyd7

Established Member
Reaction score
yea if u want i do
if u have thinning on the crown i would just split the foam into thirds and apply it on each temple and the crown

G

dfinf4 said:
Should I apply it to just my temples?

Thanks

Depends, are you also thinning on the rest of your head or just receding? I am not really sure by these pics. But you are definetly receding. Start treatment! Good Luck!

dfinf4

Reaction score
Just started Rogaine today. I will be getting some nizoral today aswell. I will update later.

Edit: rogaine says it is not for receding hairlines, should I just ignore this? People still use the foam for redecing hairlines correct?

Thanks all~~

retropunk

Established Member
Reaction score
dfinf4 said:
Just started Rogaine today. I will be getting some nizoral today aswell. I will update later.

Edit: rogaine says it is not for receding hairlines, should I just ignore this? People still use the foam for redecing hairlines correct?

Thanks all~~

Rogaine foam may grow back your hairline. There's a few people that have grown bck their hair using rogaine. Rogaine will not stop hair loss. Shampoos like Nizoral are probably very weak at stopping hair loss. Creams like spironolactone, or oral medicines like spironolactone, duta, and finasteride will stop DHT from binding to your hair, which will cease further hair loss. You may want to speak to either your dermatologist who has an interest in hair or get a consultation with a hair restoration doctor. Most hair restoration doctors will tell you how far your hair loss really is.

pinkfloyd7

Established Member
Reaction score
rogaine states that because they never actually tested minoxidil on the hairline. Just on the crown. But there is sufficient evidence that minoxidil works wherever applied. Except you kind of need a little luck for the hairline. Its not easy regrowing hairlines. Check this link for info on it

http://www.stophairlossnow.co.uk/Rogaine_News.htm

pinkfloyd7

Established Member
Reaction score
o and retro punk rogaine can stop hair loss. Its just that you have to use it everyday for the rest of your life. A price some are willing to pay even me

retropunk

Established Member
Reaction score
pinkfloyd7 said:
o and retro punk rogaine can stop hair loss. Its just that you have to use it everyday for the rest of your life. A price some are willing to pay even me

I think you're misinterpeting what Rogaine does. Rogaine will stimulate your hair follicles by dilating vessels in your scalp. Your other hairs are continuously getting affected by DHT and your hair will continue to thin and eventually fall out. Rogaine may help these new hairs if you apply it to them and it may dilate your scalp like anywhere else; however, it will not stop hair loss.

DHT inhibitors can stop the binding of the androgens, which stops the thinning of your hair and eventual baldness.