PLEASE HELP GUYS????????????

R32nismo

Reaction score
Guys....help???

I took cipla finasteride for 6 months and although I saw no regrowth I didnt lose any more. The reason I stopped was the bad sexual sides. Now, 3 months after stopping my hairloss has taken off again and im desperate to do something about it.......my dilema is this...do I start back on Finasteride again and combine it with minoxidil........or do I take leap of faith and start dutasteride.........which works best with advance hairloss on the crown and mid scalp????

Please help???

Pondle

Reaction score
dutasteride is slightly better than finasteride and slightly more likely to cause sides. If you got sides from finasteride you'll probably get sides from dutasteride.

porad

Reaction score
Pondle said:
dutasteride is slightly better than finasteride and slightly more likely to cause sides. If you got sides from finasteride you'll probably get sides from dutasteride.
it's significantly better than 1mg finasteride.

Pondle

Reaction score
porad said:
Pondle said:

I said that myself once, but Bryan shot me down. :wink:

beaner

Reaction score
Pondle said:
porad said:
Pondle said:

I believe that per graphs I've seen that .5mg of dutasteride/day is about 20% more effective than 5mg of finasteride/day which is 20% more effective than 1mg finasteride/day. That would seem to mean that .5mg dutasteride/day is about 40% more effective than 1mg of finasteride which is more than slightly better. I think that probably came from one of Bryan's own graphs so I'm not sure why he would have shot you down on that one....unless I'm totally wrong on those figures. I'll have to double check the graph.

Pondle

Reaction score
beaner said:
Pondle said:
porad said:
Pondle said:

I believe that per graphs I've seen that .5mg of dutasteride/day is about 20% more effective than 5mg of finasteride/day which is 20% more effective than 1mg finasteride/day. That would seem to mean that .5mg dutasteride/day is about 40% more effective than 1mg of finasteride which is more than slightly better. I think that probably came from one of Bryan's own graphs so I'm not sure why he would have shot you down on that one....unless I'm totally wrong on those figures. I'll have to double check the graph.

I think Bryan was comparing finasteride and dutasteride to placebo, so the difference between them is relatively smaller than when you compare to baseline. It's in one of the older threads, too tired to do a search right now.