Please help first timer.

idontevensteven

Reaction score
Okay going bald at sides and a little at back but thats not big deal. Want to have a system and get it cut in I found a place in my town but I dont know what system to get or what colour. there systems are like 600 dollars no deal
but you can get some good ones off alibaba for like $100 i want to but yeah colour and if its too big can i cut it so size? and you know that whole thing I just wanna get it done but I dont know how to proceed im in Melbourne Australia
I'm not very rich so its getting me down.

azuri

Established Member
Reaction score
I would recommend going to a proper hair system studio in your town for your first system. They should be able to ensure that your system is compatable to your existing hair . It will cost a lot more but at least it will be done properly up until you familiarise yourself with the whole process and then venture out on your own when you feel you are ready to.

There is nothing more worse than seeing an amuture wearer walking the streets.

Good luck.

idontevensteven

Reaction score
Well yeah i found a salon but there systems are $700 but the cut ins are $50 so id get them to cut in id rather do it myself since im poor as in buy my own sustem i just want to know can you cut to fit any kind of base? As in cutting the base and how do you match hairline and colour with your own when its a stock? Also anyone have expiriance with newtimeshair and people off alibaba?
I would recommend going to a proper hair system studio in your town for your first system. They should be able to ensure that your system is compatable to your existing hair . It will cost a lot more but at least it will be done properly up until you familiarise yourself with the whole process and then venture out on your own when you feel you are ready to.

There is nothing more worse than seeing an amuture wearer walking the streets.

Good luck.

George W Hitler

Reaction score
Hello all,

You ABSOLUTELY need to go to a hair studio or...have a friend who works there and will help you.
I'm not saying it's impossible to set yourself up alone but...I wouldn't know how or RECOMMEND it...
First - they will need to make a cast of your head to know what size you need.
Second - they will match your hair color and if you have grey and don't wish to dye - they will go by 10%, 20%, 30% (etc...) of grey on the piece.
If you use a uncurling iron - the grey is not human hair and will melt unless you put some oils on it.
You will also need their expertise to properly set the hair piece. It must come down and "melt" into your own hair in the back.
You also want a lower front line - it will make you younger. HOWEVER - it cannot be too low - otherwise - you will be...er..."detected"...
You will need tips on how to style it, how to wash it and etc...
If you are a first timer - have it done - bring your phone and film them when they are doing it so you can record their technique and so one.

Good luck,

George!

markFox1989

Reaction score
Okay going bald at sides and a little at back but thats not big deal. Want to have a system and get it cut in I found a place in my town but I dont know what system to get or what colour. there systems are like 600 dollars no deal
but you can get some good ones off alibaba for like $100 i want to but yeah colour and if its too big can i cut it so size? and you know that whole thing I just wanna get it done but I dont know how to proceed im in Melbourne Australia
I'm not very rich so its getting me down.

Are you looking for a full cap? I noticed i'm thinning at the sides, so i might make that an option for myself in the near future.