please HELP don't know what to do....

y

Reaction score
Frst off all i just want to say that this forum is a great resource and contains a wealth of knowledge. To my dilemma, I am 26 yrs old and recently decided to finally do something about the thinning that I have been experiencing on my crown (vertex) for the last 2 years. Although I still have most of my hair, I am visibly thinning in the crown and loosing many hairs daily. My question is what treatment should I undertake in the beginning stages when there is only visible thinning. I have read on the numerous posts about the "Big 3", but am not sure if I should take on such a strict regimen so early. I really need some help in deciding how I should begin tackling this problem. All help is greatly appreciated.

y

G

Year 1, 1mg Finasteride daily, Nizoral Shampoo 2-3 times a week.

Reassess after the first year, if you still require regrowth, add Minoxidil.

Brasileirao

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Y,

From the sounds of things it seems like your hairloss has just become apparent to you. If things seem to be centralized around the vertex I would first start out with Propecia, Nizoral (2x a week) and H&S on the off days. Keep it simple at first and add things only down the road, if necessary.

Good luck!
Tony

BadHairDecade

Reaction score
I have to disagree with JS....Start out on finasteride and Nizoral shampoo. This is the easiest, effective and most proven treatment available.
Once you start adding topicals the difficulty in maintaining a regimen for any period of time increases. Popping a pill once a day and washing your hair with Nizoral shampoo 2 to 3 times a week is beyond simple.

y

Reaction score
will the finasteride regrow or promote regrowth of some of the hair that i have lost in the early stages of male pattern baldness?

y

G

y said:
will the finasteride regrow or promote regrowth of some of the hair that i have lost in the early stages of male pattern baldness?

y

It's just a big let down to be honest.

Trent

Experienced Member
Reaction score
it isn't a let down for the majority of people, it actually has amazing results as far as maintainence is concerned, and i know a lot of people on this forum that have had very nice regrowth, even with just propecia. i would give it a shot alone, but with nizoral, for at least six months.

check out the success story portion of the forum for proof.

BadHairDecade

Reaction score
It's far from a let down for most people so don't be discouraged by a few negative posts.
Yes it's possible to regrow hair using finasteride, even more so if you catch it early.

y

Reaction score
BHD,

So I went to Dr. today and told him how I was thinning like crazy on my crown and if he could give me a prescription for finasteride. He examines my crown and says you don't need propecia "yet" and I should try something like rogaine (he is visibly bald on his crown) and says that he uses it, to which I am thinking this stuff definately did not help him how will it help me. My question is should I get on revivogen or should I still try to combat my early stages of male pattern baldness with finasteride by acquiring it online. Once again, many thanks you have a been a great help.

y

HairlossTalk

Reaction score
Unfortunately I would say about 40% of the guys who come here reporting "massive loss of hair" and "extensive thinning" ... .when you view them in photographs or look at them in person, they look 100% normal. The minds eye really can mess with you.

Its possible your doctor looked at your hair and saw a full head of hair. Be honest with yourself. If someone were to walk up to you, would they say "This guy is thinning" ? Or would they look at you like you're crazy?

On the same note, you will be the first person to realize you're thinning. Long before anyone else does, but you need to be realistic about it too.

If you are genuinely thinning, your doctor had it backwards.

The first thing you should go on is Propecia. You don't need Rogaine yet. Save it for later. Propecia should do the job all by itself (with a little nizoral) and you should be good to go for several years.

No need to worry. I would get home grown US made propecia from your pharmacy or purchase the same online.

HairLossTalk.com