Please Help, Am I Going Bald At This Age?

Joeyduece09

My Regimen
Reaction score
You are a bit far gone for finasteride. However you could start dutasteride. Its 2x stronger than finasteride and has a greater chance of significant regrowth.
Ok thanks I have never heard of it. Do you know of people who have used this with results?

Kinso89

My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks appreciate it. I have seen people online with worse situation than me and Rogaine and finasteride has helped them, there is no chance of this with me?
I have no experience with any medication for male pattern baldness, the complete loss of election side affect scares me to be honest, I would rather go with a transplant, seen some excellent outcomes.

Joeyduece09

My Regimen
Reaction score
I have no experience with any medication for male pattern baldness, the complete loss of election side affect scares me to be honest, I would rather go with a transplant, seen some excellent outcomes.
Ok thanks how many grafts do you think I would need, and I’d 27 too young for that

Umber

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
As others have said it looks like you have some slight recession, but it could just as easily be your hairline maturing. However, since your father has gone bald there's a high risk that you'll meet the same fate eventually. If I were you I'd jump on finasteride just to be safe

recedingornot87

My Regimen
Reaction score
I’m 20 years old, my father has mature pattern baldness and my uncles too.
I’ve always had really thick hair and they grow fast. I have sometimes some stressful events but i always did.
I don’t like using finasteride, should i wait a little more or should i jump in minoxidil ?
And does minoxidil cause hair loss at first ?

Thanks

Honestly man, you are in a similiar situation to me. Everyone is saying not to worry but I do think the balding process started for you tbh but as long as it goes slow you will be fine. Maybe wait 6 more months to see if it gets worse before trying anything.