Please Help - 5 Days Post Op And No Grow At All

oli-g

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi,

I had a 2 day FUE operation 5 days ago (2500 transplanted grafts) and my concern is that the transplanted grafts (hair) didn't grow in length at all. I know shedding could be a totally normal reaction... but until then I expected the transplanted follicles to increase in length. They are still the size they were transplanted 5 days ago.

Should I be worried, or is there any possible explanation why this could be ok?

buckthorn

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi,

I had a 2 day FUE operation 5 days ago (2500 transplanted grafts) and my concern is that the transplanted grafts (hair) didn't grow in length at all. I know shedding could be a totally normal reaction... but until then I expected the transplanted follicles to increase in length. They are still the size they were transplanted 5 days ago.

Should I be worried, or is there any possible explanation why this could be ok?

My guess is your hair transplant surgeon didn't go over anything with you, which also leads me to conclude that you went to a sketchy place? Who was your surgeon?

oli-g

My Regimen
Reaction score
We did go through with my surgeon over several things. Yeah, transplanted hair falls out\sheds normally after a few weeks in more than 95% of cases and the new hair begins to start growing 2-3-4-5 month later again, I know.
But what I mean: doesnt the newly transplanted hair grow a tiny bit BEFORE it falls out?

Thanks

buckthorn

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
doesnt the newly transplanted hair grow a tiny bit BEFORE it falls out?

Thanks

No, it doesn't. do you have any pics of recipient area? who was your Doctor?

oli-g

My Regimen
Reaction score
Okay, I guess I just was paranoid then. E.g. here https://bellatory.com/hair/My-Daily-Experience-post-FUE-Hair-Transplant in this report it really seems to me, that the guys transplanted hair is longer on day 13 than it was immediately post op. Maybe only because he got rid of the scrabs?
Thank you anyway. I attached a picture of my frontal area as well.

Attachments

• f.png
    f.png
    1 MB · Views: 357

Pequod

Experienced Member
Reaction score
The photo looks good, don't worry as the grafts are in shock. You won't see any growth for 3 to 4 months.