please help 21 with a problem

djdomcapello

Reaction score
Hi everyone i frequently read your boards and i decided its time to post because im really getting scared here. I am 21 years old and i have always had thick hair. The problem is I would always use a lot of stuff in my hair to mold it and shape it, waxes, pomade, gel , mousee, etc. Over the past year i have noticed my hair thining a lot along my hairline and in the middle of my head.

I have been on propecia 1mg every day for about a month now and i have to go back to my dermatologist for a refill.. i also use rogaine 5% basically in the places that i noticed the thinning. I wash with nioxin shampoo and cleanser every other day for the past 5 months. I noticed many of you use nizoral, is that better?? How can i regrow and/or stop my hair from falling out. it seems like it has gotten worse in the last month. If i need to change up my treatment let me know please.. i am open to any suggestions.

Another problem that i am having is that i have to keep going back to my dermatologist that i think is a clown every month to get a new perscription. so it costs 20 a visit plus 60 for the propecia. he also is giving me injections in my head which i am not so comfortable with... please educate me on these too. i noticed you guys talk bout vitamins and flaxseed oil and stuff like that , can you advise me what to take?

please help

domenick

Cassin

Reaction score
djdomcapello said:
Another problem that i am having is that i have to keep going back to my dermatologist that i think is a clown every month to get a new perscription. so it costs 20 a visit plus 60 for the propecia. he also is giving me injections in my head which i am not so comfortable with...

please help

domenick

This is complete bullshit. Your getting screwed. Go to a real Doctor and he will give you a 6-12 month Prescription. I have yet to hear one positive post about a Derm when it comes to Hairloss. I had a bad experience as well.

And be patient, this takes time. Much longer than 1 month.
As far as Vit's go, do some research on Flax seed oil and Biotin.

Lxxy

Reaction score
he also is giving me injections in my head which i am not so comfortable with... <<< lol men kick his ***

stryker

Reaction score
Injections in your head??? - F that, I'd be carl lewis fast running out that door.

Secondly, you need to relax, your on the finasteride and minoxidil which is the best proven fight you have and your only 1 month into it. This sh*t takes time and is no quick fix. Your body and head is adjusting to your regime and shedding is normal. If did research, you'll see that most people here say their hair looks worse than it ever did at the 4-6 week mark b/c of the shed most people go through around that time. It's just something you have to get through. nizoral is great for controlling an irritated scalp, most people use it and like it

Third, if you want to stay on finasteride and need to save money, again do some research and see where it can be bought online w/o a prescrip. I bought 5mg tabs of proscar from keywest pharmacy online or some sh*t like that, divided it to 1mg pieces and saved a shitload. Being 21, I might ask my real Doctor, not derm, what he thinks of being on finasteride so young. Go read my post if you want my reasons for that - just my own experience and what I've went through.
http://www.hairlosstalk.com/discussions ... highlight=

Again the best thing you can do is chill and give the stuff time to work, I'm giving you this info b/c I'm a new poster and nice, all the regular guys, who you can learn alot from, don;t give a sh*t b/c someone new with the exact same post pops up each day.
later

djdomcapello

Reaction score
i have no idea what this guy was injecting into my head... anyone have any clue?? anyway i decided on him not doing it anymore. also would you guys recommend dr. lee's 5% xandrox or rogaine's??