Please give feedback on the products I have purchased to maintain the hair system

mambovipi

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Sounds great bro. Have you ever tried just rite positioning spray or regular 99% alc to give yourself time to position it right?
Not necessary for front hairline glue, adds complication. If you use too much it causes a mess as well. Only use it if you have a crease and need to reposition it before pressing down fully. Read my other thread on how I put the front down. It works really well EVERY time.

Fanjeera

Reaction score
yeah but you just leave it, do the hairline in the morning and the next morning it's fully cured. With white glues you have to wait for ages between layers making the process longer. Although am not sure how long they take to fully cure (how long till you can get them wet).
You don't have to wait between layers with acrylic adhesives?

noblesources

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Hey @mambovipi , I tried ghost bond and tape on lace. Quite a few tapes in fact. Everything lifts. Only thing left to try prior to trying a poly hairline is acrylic glue. I hear that acrylic glue ruins lace, and your words on ultra hold shares that same sentiment. But with mity tite, do you feel your hair system wears out fast due to it as well? Or is it standard rate comparable to ghost bond and tape?

Hair2019

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
no, or at least I don't and it works fine.

Not correct. You ALWAYS have to wait for glue to dry before adding the next layer or attaching the lace, otherwise it'll end up a gooey mess and if it's not properly dry the glue will seep into the lace and/or be visible through the lace. I don't know where some hair system wearers get these silly ideas from sometimes....

mambovipi

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey @mambovipi , I tried ghost bond and tape on lace. Quite a few tapes in fact. Everything lifts. Only thing left to try prior to trying a poly hairline is acrylic glue. I hear that acrylic glue ruins lace, and your words on ultra hold shares that same sentiment. But with mity tite, do you feel your hair system wears out fast due to it as well? Or is it standard rate comparable to ghost bond and tape?
Ultra hold gets very messy very fast IMO. I don't think Mity Tite is overly harsh on my system. I can clean it reasonably easily and it rarely seeps to the others side. There is a balance to be struck with the amount of layers you apply and how long it will hold. Too many layers and you may get it seeping. Like you, I tried A LOT of different glues and I keep saying it but Mity Tite has been a god send for the front. It just works for me. End of the day we can go back and forth on theory but the proof really is in the pudding. Just try it mate, try different number of layers, leaving it on for different amount of days before re-doing the front, whatever other slight modifications you think may work and make a note of your observations. Then just adjust accordingly over time based on your observations of what works for you!

Not correct. You ALWAYS have to wait for glue to dry before adding the next layer or attaching the lace, otherwise it'll end up a gooey mess and if it's not properly dry the glue will seep into the lace and/or be visible through the lace. I don't know where some hair system wearers get these silly ideas from sometimes....
I am simply stating my experience. I can tell you with 100% certainty, with Mity Tite, I don't wait between layers. Nor does it say to do so on the label. I did say that I wait 8-10 mins before placing the lace down however. The glue has worked wonders for me using it like this. If my experience doesn't tally with yours then that's another matter but to call something that I do with success on a regularly basis 'silly' or 'incorrect', because it doesn't align with your view of reality, doesn't quite make any sense.

Last edited:

mambovipi

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yet Ghostbond instructs 4 layers. Is it too much?
You comparing apples and oranges here. Whilst they are both glues they work in completely different ways and have completely different instructions for applications. I don't have extensive experience with GB but just try 2,3,4 layers on three separate occasions and note what you find each time based on your own experience. Then you will know what works best for yourself.