Please evaluate my hair loss/SHAVED MY HEAD TODAY (New Pics)

jago

Reaction score
EDITED FRIDAY APRIL 11TH 2008;
today I shaved my head.... what do you think now? heres pics taken;

shavedtf1.jpg

ORIGINAL POST (WITH LONG HAIR) APRIL 9TH 2008;
My temples are very high, I am around 30 years old. I have had a very high forehead since age 12, my father is aged 56 and also has had a very high forehead/temples all his life. My fringe feels so weak, grey and if I run my hands through, I always have 2 or 3 hairs in my hand. Is this just a mature hairline? or Am I balding? should I start any meds or foam?
09042008957rv4.jpg

09042008958kl6.jpg

09042008959qu4.jpg

Thanks, and god bless everyone!
Matty.

antonio666

Reaction score
Re: Please evaluate my hair loss / am I balding? (Pics inside)

you have not receded much at all if any,at the moment your hair looks great and you should enjoy it,however you know your hair the best and if you think there are subtle changes going on ,then try propecia.

but if you are asking me if i see any male pattern baldness in your photos,then the anwser is no

jago

Reaction score

antonio666 said:
you have not receded much at all if any,at the moment your hair looks great and you should enjoy it,however you know your hair the best and if you think there are subtle changes going on ,then try propecia.

but if you are asking me if i see any male pattern baldness in your photos,then the anwser is no

Thanks, would you say I just have a MATURE HAIRLINE then?

For a few years now I have been watching my hairline. My crown seems to be fine, a litle thinner than everywhere but seems to be normal and showing no sign of balding/thinning.

God bless u.

Shawnab

Reaction score

Looks awsome to me, id say it was just matured.

It's good you are watching it though.

sammo

Established Member
Reaction score

yeah it looks like it could possibly be thinning temple areas.... just from the look of the hairs... if anything and if hair is being lost in sink etc at a faster than normal rate, consider something like propecia as at this stage something like rogaine would be a massive risk.

Libido

Established Member
Reaction score

Receding temples pretty much.. Though, it might stop there if you are lucky.
Keep a look out for "baby" hairs in the temples (the part thats healthy today).

jago

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies, I have shaved my head today for a closer look.
Let me know your thoughts. I am going VERY GREY too.
Thanks,
Matt.

Jack82

Established Member
Reaction score
The front looks like a mature hairline, the crown is good but looks "suspicious" dunno. If i were you i would visit a derm to do some pull tests and tell you if your losing more than you should.

Keep taking photos of your hairline and crown every 2 months and compare, if it gets worse get on finasteride.

p.s. Is your hair wet on the buzzcut pics?

jago

Reaction score
Jack82 said:
The front looks like a mature hairline, the crown is good but looks "suspicious" dunno. If i were you i would visit a derm to do some pull tests and tell you if your losing more than you should.

Keep taking photos of your hairline and crown every 2 months and compare, if it gets worse get on finasteride.

p.s. Is your hair wet on the buzzcut pics?

thanks.... yeah my hair was wet/just washed and i stood under a light to make it brighter...
thanks again,
matt

Nathaniel

Experienced Member
Reaction score
That looks like awesome hair for a 30 year old. A bit of recession but looks more like normal maturing. Just keep watching it and relax.

metalheaddude

Reaction score
Honestly I think your hair looks incredibly strong for a shaved head. You cant see through to your scalp at all, its like a wall of hair. The only thing is the hairline and I believe you have developed a mature hairline with possibly a tiny amount of recession, but its nothing to worry about given that your 30 I would suggest that your male pattern baldness is moving and will continue to move VERY slowly for the rest of your life it may even remain at its current level for until your 50 then recead a tiny bit more. Id jump on propecia anyway, if your unsure. But thats just me.

treeshrew

Experienced Member
Reaction score
awesome hair man, jealous.

maybe its the lighting, but in the shaved head pics it looks like you have tons of gray hairs? i'm sure it's totally unrelated, but i remember the first time i began to notice my hairloss was after watching some little kids and one was like pointing out these gray hairs i had never noticed before. when i cut my hair short they were everywhere - after about 3 months on finasteride they have almost completely disappeared, and almost no grays now.

do you have any hairloss in the family, parents, uncles, grandparents?

jago

Reaction score
metalheaddude said:
Honestly I think your hair looks incredibly strong for a shaved head. You cant see through to your scalp at all, its like a wall of hair. The only thing is the hairline and I believe you have developed a mature hairline with possibly a tiny amount of recession, but its nothing to worry about given that your 30 I would suggest that your male pattern baldness is moving and will continue to move VERY slowly for the rest of your life it may even remain at its current level for until your 50 then recead a tiny bit more. Id jump on propecia anyway, if your unsure. But thats just me.

metalheaddude - what you just said here is the EXACT story of the father. My father is nearly 60, and still has a full head of hair APPART from his temples. BUT, he told me hes had HIGH temples since he was 18 years old. I looked at pictures of my dad when he was in his 20's, and he had thick head of hair, but VERY high temples like me. Now hes nearly 60, hes slowly started to get thin on top. His crown is still in tact though.

Treeshrew - I stood under a very bright light, all of my uncles have full head of hair, my grandfathers both had very high foreheads, and went bald around their crown around 50-60yrs old. my father aged 60 has a full head of hair (but very high temples). I've got absolutly LOADS of Grey hairs. What is finasteride? and when you say your grey went, do you mean you have receeded more?

I've always liked to have long hair, however since I shaved it grade 4 all over yesterday I actually like it! I've gone from feeling like Jonathan Ross to a fresh feeling guy, I am tempted to shave it using a grade 1 or 2 LOL. Thanks everyone, god bless.

RP3X

Established Member
Reaction score
I dont even see any hair loss in those pics... look great shaved/in fact I had to go back almost a year ago to see my pics at 29

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=32848&st=0&sk=t&sd=a&start=10

Check the 1st page out ! thats what i call hair loss lol

Sadly even at age 30 my hairs similar... If I keep my hair short I can still do comb overs ok.

I wish I had started on something but this years just been too hard to start on the big 3 or even 1 for that matter!

Anyhow for yourself... dont worry a fraction besides being 30 is hard enuff ! just enjoy it

Jack82

Established Member
Reaction score
Well i didn't knew that your hair was wet, i think that when your hair is wet it's normal to see some scalp especially on the crown. From the hairloss history in your family it sounds that it won't get any worse. Visit a doctor to get a more scientific opinion if you are really worried to get sure.

Good luck

ghg

My Regimen
Reaction score
I see only minimal hairloss, maybe some temple recession. You didn't shave your head, you only buzzed it and it's a long buzz. A shaved head is a #0, it's funny how many ppl fail to realize that.

chancer

Established Member
Reaction score
looks well better buzzed...

you dont need any meds at all, maybe just use some nizoral shampoo to keep everything healthy...

you could do with some "just for men" though....lol

get out of here... your not going bald !!! :)

jago

Reaction score
chancer said:
looks well better buzzed...

you dont need any meds at all, maybe just use some nizoral shampoo to keep everything healthy...

you could do with some "just for men" though....lol

get out of here... your not going bald !!! :)

Thanks lads! Ive actually been using nizoral shampoo for a year now. How often should I use it? daily? or like 3 days a week nizoral/4 days a week normal shampoo?