Playing Football With A Hair System

Pallas foods

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi all i was just wondering could anyone give me some advise about playing sports in a hair system, i play football but it is very physical and i am just very nervous it could get knocked off if i get tackled or get a hit on my head. The salon says if i get it regroomed every 4 weeks it will be safe enough but i would be still nervous it could come off
Anyone that could give me some advise it would be much appreciated thanks

Noah

Reaction score
Hi Pallas

As I said further up the thread, I play some footie and I don't have any problems. As you would understand if you were wearing one, there is absolutely no way a system could be "knocked off". Even if someone grabbed your hair system and wrenched it, it wouldn't come off. It might rip, or some of the hair might come out, but it wouldn't come off. The adhesives are very strong.

The more realistic issue is that if you caught a header at the wrong angle, and you were very sweaty, it could push the hairline back or loosen it up. That is not a completely impossible scenario. All I can say is that it has never happened to me and, as I pointed out before, there are a number of professional footballers who wear hair systems, and so far as I know it has never happened to them either, otherwise the media would have picked it up. In practice you don't catch headers with your hairline area. Also, the dynamics of a header are that it is jamming the system down hard on your head, not moving it around, so it would have to be a pretty odd header to present any risk. And as I said, it has never happened to me, or even come close. You could do various things to lessen the theoretical risk, like wearing a comb-down hairstyle which doesn't expose hairline, running an extra line of strong tape behind the hairline, designing your system with a poly tape patch just behind the hairline. I have to say, though, I don't do any of those things.

Noah

Pallas foods

My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks Noah for your reply its much appreciated, i have ordered my first system but was still nervous about playing football in it. I was just wondering how often do you do a regroom? is every 4 weeks to long when you are playing football and sweating. Could it come loose after this length of time?
Thanks

Noah

Reaction score
I would say 4 weeks is too long. I do mine every week, although that is more frequently than it really needs to be. I would say if you do it every 10 - 14 days you will always have the good feeling that you have a nice secure bond.

grincher

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I reattach every 7 to 14 days depending on how the bond is. 4 weeks is too long.

If playing any sport its advisable to have a strong bond.

Pallas foods

My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks for your reply, yea i was thinking 4 weeks was a bit long, ill stick to the 7 to 14 days for a reattach

Pallas foods

My Regimen
Reaction score
No im from ireland so i play Gaelic football, you cant wear headgear. My only worry was that if i get a hit on the head going down to pick up a ball or get a hit on the back of the head going up for a catch that it might get come loose and get knocked off

BaldBearded

My Regimen
Reaction score
I guess if you wear the hair system, and play with the ball, it would be OK.

Sorry, I could NOT help myself.

:D

n1zza77

My Regimen
Reaction score
I play Rugby, no headgear, just a headband to keep my hair out of my face. You'll be fine.

Insanely oily skin, so I redo it every week, Rugby is fine.
Its been pulled and tugged and it never came close to coming off.
I use tape on the sides and back, and Walker Black glue for the hairline.

Reactions: JME

Pallas foods

My Regimen
Reaction score
I play Rugby, no headgear, just a headband to keep my hair out of my face. You'll be fine.

Insanely oily skin, so I redo it every week, Rugby is fine.
Its been pulled and tugged and it never came close to coming off.
I use tape on the sides and back, and Walker Black glue for the hairline.

Thanks for your reply. That makes me feel a lot better that you play rugby and have not problem