Playing Football With A Hair System

Cameron Welsh

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi all,

I was just wondering if anyone could lend their experience or help at all? I'm thinking of getting a partial hair piece at the front of my head and have a few concerns and questions naturally.

I play football (soccer) at a semi-professional level and was just wondering how a partial hair piece would cope with the demands of it. For example heading the ball numerous times, 'front on', in a game and also glancing headers? Also, how will it cope with extreme sweat, rain or mud? I know a factor does depend on how/what bond you use but just for arguments sake, the strongest glue adhesive I can get.

If anyone can help me or lend any experiences, it would be great. Thanks in advance.

Jimbo5

Established Member
Reaction score
"Glancing headers", eh.

Well, Cam, there are some on here who claim you can do a hell of a lot more than sweaty headers with a rug glued to your skull.

So why not go ahead a give it a shot...

Noah

Reaction score
IMG_7480.jpg IMG_7479.jpg IMG_7478.jpg

Hi Cameron - I play a bit of soccer myself (definitely not at semi-professional level LOL) and I don't have any problems. Rain and mud are no issue, but the combination of heat and sweat could be, so you need to prepare for that. You need to design your partial with a reasonable surface area - not just a strip of hair - even if that means shaving off a bit of viable natural hair. You will probably want to use 3-mil tape at the hairline and a stronger tape right behind it for maximum security. You might need to consider using a scalp protector and/or anti-perspirant if you find sweat is an issue.

There are a few European professional footballers who wear a system, like Ivica Vrdoljak, Vasco Regini and Marco Donadel (see pics). None of them are wearing masterpieces of hair replacement, but they obviously don't have problems with their systems coming loose, because that would definitely make the news. I would guess there are probably others that we don't know about because they started wearing before they became publicly bald. Having a good look is increasingly important for these guys' income - being a great footballer is no longer enough.

Last edited:

Pallas foods

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi all,

I was just wondering if anyone could lend their experience or help at all? I'm thinking of getting a partial hair piece at the front of my head and have a few concerns and questions naturally.

I play football (soccer) at a semi-professional level and was just wondering how a partial hair piece would cope with the demands of it. For example heading the ball numerous times, 'front on', in a game and also glancing headers? Also, how will it cope with extreme sweat, rain or mud? I know a factor does depend on how/what bond you use but just for arguments sake, the strongest glue adhesive I can get.

If anyone can help me or lend any experiences, it would be great. Thanks in advance.
Hi i was just wondering did you go ahead with the hair system, i am considering getting 1 but i am worried about playing sports with it on. I play a lot of football and would be nervous that it could come off, if someone knocks off you could it come off?? Thanks