Planning a trip to canada for Rahal transplant.

Dalek

Established Member
Reaction score
This may be a little off topic but as I am going to Ottawa for a Rahal transplant in July, can anyone who has been from the Uk advise on what the best hotel to stay is that has reasonable rates. I don't really want to be near the airport, more near the Rahal clinic/town centre. I also need to know if I need a visa and where the best place to exchange my money to dollars.

Anybody give me any general advise would be appreciated.

Optimist

Established Member
Reaction score
Ask his office, I'm sure they get that question all the time and know the best places.

I hope the hair transplant works out, Rahal is definately top tier.

hair_tomorrow

Reaction score
I don't know the answer to any of your questions - but maybe call your local bank and ask them about how and where to transfer currencey.

All I really wanted to say was "Good Luck"!

- h_t

Dalek

Established Member
Reaction score
Thanks. I am looking forward to the trip and getting this done. Its strange as only my wife knows about this, nobody at work knows. I may tell them when its done though.

JayBear

Established Member
Reaction score
I don't know if this is going to help, but just get a good travel guide and it should list most of the hotels and stuff. I like the Lonely Planet guides because they list all sorts of lodging, especially where to find cheap stuff. Good luck with the transplant!!!

s.a.f

Reaction score
Dalek said:
Thanks. I am looking forward to the trip and getting this done. Its strange as only my wife knows about this, nobody at work knows. I may tell them when its done though.
It may be pretty hard to disguise it.

Nick4441

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Hope it goes really well for you and maybe you get a chance to see the city there a bit too. I always find the cashpoint is as good as anything to get your cash.

s.a.f

Reaction score
Dalek said:
Not really because I have booked 2 weeks off work.

:D Hate to break this to you but at 2 weeks the signs will still be very visible.

Dalek

Established Member
Reaction score
I will keep my hair longish and try and work up my tan as I tan easily :lol:

G

good luck

i think a lot of people will be flocking to Rahal now, especially for strip, considering that Armani is stopping strip very soon.

and based on the results i've seen from rahal, i think he deserves to be included in the category of "top Doctor".

Optimist

Established Member
Reaction score
Dalek said:
I will keep my hair longish and try and work up my tan as I tan easily :lol:

You could say you have become a Muslim and wear a turban to work. If anyone complains scream religious decrimination.

LookingGood!

Experienced Member
Reaction score
s.a.f said:
Dalek said:
Not really because I have booked 2 weeks off work.

:D Hate to break this to you but at 2 weeks the signs will still be very visible.

Ain't that a fact Jack! I think you may need a month. Also look into the Biotin spray by haircycle.com. I used it and it totally diminished the post op redness by day 4 and by week 2 it was 75-80% gone.

LookingGood!

Experienced Member
Reaction score
JayMan said:
good luck

i think a lot of people will be flocking to Rahal now, especially for strip, considering that Armani is stopping strip very soon.

and based on the results i've seen from rahal, i think he deserves to be included in the category of "top Doctor".

Can you say 10 thousand posts? Come on Jayman you CAN DO IT! (in my Tony Little voice)

Dalek

Established Member
Reaction score
At $99 you must be kidding. I have been told Aleo Vera does the same thing. Also, look into Manuka Honey as this also aids healing with it's amazing properties.

I must say I am really looking forward to the trip and meeting Dr Rahal and the team. At last after 20 years of worrying things are looking possitive.

Optimist

Established Member
Reaction score
JayMan said:
good luck

Armani is stopping strip? Where does this info. come from? Are you saying he is going to stop doing hair transplant or only do fue?

G

Optimist said:
JayMan said:
good luck

Armani is stopping strip? Where does this info. come from? Are you saying he is going to stop doing hair transplant or only do fue?

i heard it from Shane on HLH and other sources that have posted. I think he is going to stop strip in September IIRC. December at the latest. And then he will only do FUE. So if you want an Armani strip transplant you'd better call him soon.

You can search HLH for confirmation or just call the Armani offices I guess, but I'm pretty sure about that from what I've read. I've never asked.

s.a.f

Reaction score
This limits him to doing cases of moderate hairloss only. :roll:

G

s.a.f said:
This limits him to doing cases of moderate hairloss only. :roll:

SAF, somehow I don't think that factored in the decision. FUE can make him more money because he can charge $10 or whatever per graft and do 2 or 3 per day.

s.a.f

Reaction score
Thats what I mean't, FUE is more expensive (profitable) and it makes it easier for him to have impressive results if he only takes the easy cases.