Pins and needles - left hand ??

tobyhope

Reaction score
I am not sure if it is in anyway related to the Propecia that I have been taking for about a month but have noticed that for the last several days I have been getting a pins and needles kind of sensation on my left hand. More on the fingers and palm. I tend to get it first thing in the morning and sometimes through out the day.

I noticed that someone mentioned something very similar with their feet but just wondering if anyone else has heard of propecia causing this. I initially neglected that it could be propecia but when I saw that some one posted about a similar thing, I got really concerned.

Any ideas anyone ?

PDC

Reaction score
tobyhope said:
I am not sure if it is in anyway related to the Propecia that I have been taking for about a month but have noticed that for the last several days I have been getting a pins and needles kind of sensation on my left hand. More on the fingers and palm. I tend to get it first thing in the morning and sometimes through out the day.

Any ideas anyone ?

I posted the earlier message and for me it started from the right hand two fingers when I woke up. I had drunk quite a lot last night. So I tought it's related to drinking alcohol. As matter a fact my symptoms seem to be greater when I have drunk alcohol. But anyway the sensation moved to my feet after a week. I am going to ask my doctor about this thing so hopefully I get more information. I haven't taken dosage for 2 weeks now and I don't feel anything right now. Very strange side effect, I have to say.

tobyhope

Reaction score
Very strange indeed.

I have placed a question to my Doctor also and waiting to hear from him. Please let me know what you find out and I will do the same.

thanks

kris50

Reaction score
Guys,

I have the same symptoms as well. I've been on proscar for around 5 months, though I've only started getting the numbness in my left hand around 3 weeks ago.

I've got a feeling it could have something to do with my liver. I'm always thirsty and my urine seems to be darker than normal, which is usually a sign that the liver is struggling to purify the fluids in the body.

I think I need to see my doctor pretty soon :eek:

tobyhope

Reaction score
I talked to my doctor and he said it can't be Propecia. He said it might be carpal tunnel.

I don't and can't believe it can be Propecia but since that is the most recent new thing with me, I had to suspect. Not sure what it is yet.

PDC

Reaction score
Someone told me in this forum that my problem could be goat but I don't know. My feet are not red and swollen. I also asked my doctor but it did not help me. She said that she has never heard of this kind of symptom and suggested that maybe I should try Rogaine instead. I have short hair so maybe it is easy to use Rogaine but is it as good as finasteride?