Pimples on Scalp

JohnnyRock

Reaction score
Hi there. This is my first post. It's great to see there a site with some answers out there. I just had a Question about these pimples I'm getting on my scalp. I would say every week I wake up and there are one or two pimples on my scalp .....I'm 23 yr olds not 16 anymore hahahaa if that makes a difference .... I have been experiencing it less now that I have been taking Proscar but still one or two now and then. I don't have overly oily hair and the only hair product I use is a bit of hair spray and conditioning spray so it doesn't look dull. I was wondering what are the main cause to these pimples and if there's any shampoo I should be using or if I should be avoiding certain hair products that may cause them to come back. Also I just recently started using Nizoral would you guys say its a good step to keeping my scalp from seeing more pimples appear?

Thanks Guys

Cheers

Cassin

Reaction score
JohnnyRock said:
Also I just recently started using Nizoral would you guys say its a good step to keeping my scalp from seeing more pimples appear?

Thanks Guys

Cheers

Its possible Nizoral could increase the amount of pimples which is a common side effect of medicated shampoos.

h82bebald

Established Member
Reaction score
HA! try being 27 and still getting pimples on your face. I swear sometimes I think I'm in my teens.

amsch

Reaction score
I guess folliculitis. You could try a shampoo with selenium sulfide, it helped me a bit.