Pill Cutting

Bone Daddy

Established Member
Reaction score
I've finally been on finasteride for a little bit now, (proscar) and I can't cut the damn pill effectively. I always get 4 chopped up pieces, and some broken pieces. I use a pill cutter, and it still does this. I dont think my cutter cuts deep enough, as I have to "snap" them apart. What's the best way to cut them? Better cutter?

G

I already posted this on the 'what to do' thread, but I will repost here.......

Pill cutters are a load of crap, they never work very well, especially on a small pill like proscar.

I use a surgical scalpel which you can buy at most art/craft shops.

CUT.jpg

For those who are right handed:

Take your scalpel blade (no need to buy the handle) in your right hand

place it on the pill where you would like to cut

put your left index finger (the one next to your thumb) on the back of the blade

and with this finger (index on the the left hand) slowley push down,

the pill will split, and nothing will shoot off as the soft fleshy 'finger print' area of your left index finger will grip the pill.

swannmorton10.jpg

Flat edged '11' surgical scalpel blade

I use a SWANN MORTON 11 or 10A blade, many will work, try not to get one with a rounded or curved blade, 11 and 10A have flat/straight blades.

swannmorton11.jpg

For the dexterous only:

How to chop Proscar into equal quarters.

proscar49vb.gif

You can also buy digital scales that are accurate down to 1/1000th of a gram, and are not too expensive, these should help you divide your Proscar with increasing accuracy.

Good Luck, you will need it

G

I swear Ty I´m gonna pay you a visit when I go to the states - I have to see who´s cracking me up everytime I visit this page :lol:

G

nesta said:
I swear Ty I´m gonna pay you a visit when I go to the states - I have to see who´s cracking me up everytime I visit this page :lol:

nesta, I live in London!

my proscar pill cutting post is entirley serious ??

Have you been smoking 'jazz' cigarettes ?

gonna_win

Experienced Member
Reaction score
tynanW said:
I already posted this on the 'what to do' thread, but I will repost here.......

Pill cutters are a load of crap, they never work very well, especially on a small pill like proscar.

I use a surgical scalpel which you can buy at most art/craft shops.

CUT.jpg

For those who are right handed:

Take your scalpel blade (no need to buy the handle) in your right hand

place it on the pill where you would like to cut

put your left index finger (the one next to your thumb) on the back of the blade

and with this finger (index on the the left hand) slowley push down,

the pill will split, and nothing will shoot off as the soft fleshy 'finger print' area of your left index finger will grip the pill.

swannmorton10.jpg

Flat edged '11' surgical scalpel blade

I use a SWANN MORTON 11 or 10A blade, many will work, try not to get one with a rounded or curved blade, 11 and 10A have flat/straight blades.

swannmorton11.jpg

absolutly brilliant post!

HoChiMinh

Reaction score
Is there a good source for Proscar online?

TynanW that sure was an awesome post...with that pic you just cant screw up!!!! Does anyone know of a reliable place online for Proscar? THX :oops:

mrlestat

Reaction score
I once bothered cutting my proscar into precise little quarters. Now though I just take bites out of it. As long as I eat a whole pill every 4 days I'm happy, some days I eat a little too much etc. but hey it works...

The test results for finasteride indicate small intake variations have no real detrimental effect considering its halflife. Of course dribbling on the remainder can't be good :roll:

P.S. great picture :lol:

Bert

Established Member
Reaction score
The pill cutter that I use works fine, but I've found a razor blade works fine as well.

G

Wow, Awsome post Ty, I'm going to nominate you for the prestigious 'Internet Forum Posting Oscars 2005' which is held at the Royal Albert Hall on August 15th.

You will have some competition though. Paul Higgins of Hull, made a post on AdslGuide which came in at first place last year. The special thing about this post was that he just said "why" when answering a question for a fellow poster. Now I know your post can match this but his post just blew me away.

Tak