piece in back transplants in front?

baldy123

Reaction score
why dont more people densely use all the available plant to create a frontal wall and then a peice behind it?
You could get much more density and frame your face better and a peice behind it would be perfectly concealed?

s.a.f

Reaction score
I think people usually go with one or the other, you'll find most hair transplant guys are anti hairpiece and most wearers are anti hair transplant. Most people want 1 permanant solution to sort out their problem.

G

I agree with s.a.f. in that most patients are oriented towrds either option. You would be surprised at the number of guys however who now wear a partial piece on their crown. Ted Danson from the old TV sitcom "Cheers" did that for years and throughout the entire series.

In fact, in one of the episodes, he pulls it off! :whistle:

G

I still think it makes the most sense. The hairline is the biggest problem with a piece. ALso, the ability to dense pack the front 1/3 properly and fully makes sense. Then if the technology catches up...replace the piece could be replaced with hair mult, or whatever.

Rwt_Raj

Established Member
Reaction score
baldy123 said:
why dont more people densely use all the available plant to create a frontal wall and then a peice behind it?
You could get much more density and frame your face better and a peice behind it would be perfectly concealed?
I read some patient did this. But it will be a big problem if later in life he decides to get rid of the hairpiece. He will be left with an awkward hairline in front and nothing behind.

baldy123

Reaction score
Im not worried about the back later on...eventually the technology and advances will present a solution ...im only 39

Avery

Established Member
Reaction score
Im not worried about the back later on...eventually the technology and advances will present a solution ...im only 39

Will it? How do you know?

/facepalm

baldy123

Reaction score
im goin to go densely from the hairline back as far as my donor will let me and then use a very high quaity piece behind it. when the hair transplant technology catches up i will fill in when it is available. Untill then that is the only way to get a full head of hair and density at this point. perhaps starting with the front 1/3 till im thrilled with the density and then slowly move back with the piece getting smaller as i move the hair transplant hair back

Reaction score
That is exactly what I am doing. I am having a transplant next month with Dr. Shapiro for maximum density in the front on on top and will have a lace hairpiece on the crown. My stylist has several clients who have done this and says it blends perfectly and looks great.

Reaction score
Dudemon-Thanks for your post it is very interesting and makes me think of a few questions. I’m a Norwood 5 too. What you say I find very intriguing and want to investigate further since I’m about to go under the knife. You indicate the transplant was a huge mistake for your hair type and characteristics. What is your hair type and characteristics? You said you wish all of your grafts had been placed on the crown. From what I’ve read the crown is a “hair pit†meaning it takes a huge amount of grafts to cover it adequately. It sounds like what you are saying is you would have preferred a comb over brushed forward. Couldn’t you have also achieved the same effect if the grafts were placed in the front and had a comb over brushed back? You said a piece behind your frontal would look awful and even more obvious. Can you elaborate? My stylist has shown me other clients with this and I couldn’t notice anything that looked fake or obvious. How long ago did you have your transplant? You compare it to Joe Biden. You are right his is very detectable but the advancements in the past five years down to the single graft has made them undetectable and I’ve seen many people with transplants using the newer procedures who I’d never be able to tell. In the hands of the right doctor strip scars and hardly noticeable. Do you mind saying who your surgeon was? This is one of the best (and scariest) posts I’ve seen and I want to soak up knowledge like a sponge on here! You have lived through it and I feel for you since you aren’t happy. I am already nervous but this makes it worse but I’m really glad I saw this.