[Pictures]Just shaved my head

n1kki6

Established Member
Reaction score
I usually wait till spring to do this but i was sick of the meesy with rogaine with longer hair. I was off finasteride for about 3 months and shed pretty bad towards the end, i just got back on a couple weeks ago. The loss towards the front seems to have stopped and is the best its been since i can remember although the back is worse. I forgot to take some before pics.

hair1.jpg

hair2.jpg

hair3.jpg

hair4.jpg

hair5.jpg

n1kki6

Established Member
Reaction score
These pics came out pretty good, the loss isnt showing up real good in these. With long hair my hairline looked pretty bad cause it didnt grow very fast or thick, but with it short it all looks the same. I think i have pretty much stopped the loss. Hopefully i can get some regrowth on the vertex. I know before i stopped the finasteride i had good results so hopfully this time will be the same.

n1kki6

Established Member
Reaction score
Yep its a number 1. I stopped the finasteride cause i let myself get all paranoid reading the horror stories online. I never had an sides from it and it was working. I wish i didnt stop for the three months.

the_beast

Established Member
Reaction score
Looks good bro. If my hair thins any farther I'm going to do the same. Barely looks like you are losing hair now. Keep doing those treatments and maybye in a few months or so you can let your hair grow longer again.

n1kki6

Established Member
Reaction score
Hope so, it didnt look too bad long but the thinning was still very obvious. Either way i dont let it bother me to much, im doing al that i can. I figure this way if i ever do take it all off at least people will have been used to seeing it really short.

omgstfuty

Established Member
Reaction score
Looks good man. well done for having the balls and shaving it off, very admirable.

n1kki6

Established Member
Reaction score
Aside from the birght *** flourescent lights at work its barely even noticable. I have checked the rest of the mirros in my house with just normal lighting and things look decent. I know last time i made sure to keep up on the minoxidil and finasteride i have results within a few months, but that could be just cause i was on and off it so much. I will make sure to do everything by the book this time as well and hope for the same results. I will post more pics in a couple more weeks.

hairwegoagain

Reaction score
Well-done.

Later.....

n1kki6

Established Member
Reaction score
jeffsss said:
do you have before shots of your hair? just curious to see if it wsa really bad..

I did and was just looking for them on my comp and cant find them. I must have been worse though because my family has been dead honest about it because i wold them to and they all have said the can notice an improvement. What actually got me started was when i was 19, i noticed it getting thin and someone took a shot at me about it at work. Being 23 now and 4 years later i can honestly say its has looked worse.

n1kki6

Established Member
Reaction score
Stokes said:
I think it looks real good, well done for having the balls to do it :D

Thanks, i was actually uite surprised as last year when i shaved my head i know the hairline wasnt this defined, but for whatever reason the back of my head go thinner. THis kind of goes against everything i have read but im not complaining at this point.

Axon

Reaction score
Keep the sides real short, it will make the top look thicker in comparison.

I think it looks good.

incubusor

Established Member
Reaction score
I think it looks good.

How far along is your Diffuse male pattern baldness? If your hair was 2-3 inches long would it be noticeable in normal room lighting or only intense lighting?

n1kki6

Established Member
Reaction score
incubusor said:
I think it looks good.

How far along is your Diffuse male pattern baldness? If your hair was 2-3 inches long would it be noticeable in normal room lighting or only intense lighting?

When it was longer it wasnt really noticable in normal lighting. The back was starting to get their though.

ACT10Npack

Experienced Member
Reaction score
If I was you I would cut the back even shorter. It would make your top part less noticable of your male pattern baldness