[pictures] Balding Or Natural Hairline/crown

okealright

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I'm 25 years old and I want to check if getting bald. Just took a few pictures.
Both of my older brothers had serious amount of balding at my age, being almost completly bald. I'm known around family and friends for having the thickest amount of hair and being the 'lucky' brother, but I would like to double check if that's fading.

Could it be that its a natural crown / hairline or a start of thinning. People tell my everyone has less thick hair when they get closer to their 30's.

Thanks in advance.

Kingswat0

Reaction score
Hey man, I think that your hair density looks fine. Your temple does look somewhat higher than I would consider to be normal, but nothing crazy. Also the density around the temple looks good to me. Your crown does look as though it is experience some thinning, not very much though to be honest. I suggest you start taking finasteride though if you're concerned with your hair and hair loss, especially since both of your brothers have hair loss as well. Since your hair is still so thick, you would have amazing hair for an extremely long time man. Best of luck!

g.i joey

Reaction score
Looks like you're experiencing early thinning in the front, vertex and scalp seem to be taking a hit as well. Now is a great time in choosing how you're going to battle this.

okealright

My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks for the quick replies both of you.

I was wondering how much of this 'early thinning' is normal/abnormal when getting older. Are there guys at the age of 25 that don't experience any sort of thinning at all compared to their teenage years?

At this stage taking drugs every day to stop minor thinning seems horrible, but i might be naive on this.

biddybomb

Experienced Member
Reaction score
a 'mature hairline' aka slight recession aka mild male pattern baldness is very prevalent among caucasians. More people have the male pattern baldness gene than not, only a slightly recessed hairline isn't generally considered full blown baldness by the 'experts' hence the term mature hairline. However any form of crown loss is representative of more aggressive hairloss that is likely to get a lot worse as you age.

There are definitely lots of guys at 25 who have zero hairloss, very few stay that way though.