*PICS* I have regrown most my hair, should i stop rogaine?

Scoiland

Established Member
Reaction score
Here it is ,

I am 20 yrs old and i started losing my hair when i was 19 . So in feb i started on proscar and minoxidil 5% and it started working really well 3 months in. Now ii am at a position where i have grown back what i have lost and my hair is back to the way it use to be.

Now i apply minoxidil 2 times a day and also started on nizoral in june. The question now is, can i stop the minoxidil and hope that the proscar will maintain what i have for now. Then if i start balding in the future i can jump back on minoxidil?

The reeason i am asking this is because i believe that if i would have orginally just stuck with proscar instead of adding minoxidil i would have grown back what i had. Now i am at the dilema of sticking with this minoxidil.

Here are some pictures

This is in Feb just before i started my treatment

[img=http://www.ihostphotos.com/imgt/207061.jpg]

This is last week
[img=http://www.ihostphotos.com/imgt/207062.jpg]

20sometingtoo

Established Member
Reaction score
I would buzz my head if I were you. You have a fine shape and I think your hair would look much better all one length. Use like a #2 guard.

You have made improvements though, congrats. The problem is that now you have to continue using minoxidil/finasteride if you want to keep what you've got. BUT, you probably hair more room to grow, considering its hasnt been a full year yet. You could still see plenty of improvement yet. I say stick with it.

Scoiland

Established Member
Reaction score
well when i style it i spike it and where it messy i like the way it looks when i do it .... but ya when it isn't styled it looks pretty stupid

SE-freak

Reaction score
The reeason i am asking this is because i believe that if i would have orginally just stuck with proscar instead of adding minoxidil i would have grown back what i had.

You have absolutely no reason to believe this. Minoxidil is the most probable suspect in this case.

Btw, another success story... What is happening lately?

hellohello

Established Member
Reaction score
Hey man

All the best - the photos do all the talking

I wouldn't stop minoxidil completely, but try once a day treatment for a while it should maintain what you have, and possibly give u a little more regrowth since you responded to it so well.

Good stuff - posts I like to see!

triton2

Established Member
Reaction score
If you quit using minoxidil you'll lose the extra offset growth you have gotten using it. Kinda like a girl who is walking on heel shoes to look taller.

mattj

Established Member
Reaction score
It's difficult to tell how good the results have been, since in the 'after' pictures your hair is considerably longer. Could you photograph your front/sides whist holding your hair back?

HairlossTalk

Reaction score
mattj said:
It's difficult to tell how good the results have been, since in the 'after' pictures your hair is considerably longer. Could you photograph your front/sides whist holding your hair back?
Agreed. Its noticeably longer and you've brushed it forward in both of the after pics. Whereas it is brushed back and up in the before pics.

HairLossTalk.com

Scoiland

Established Member
Reaction score
ya i know that in the second pic that the hair is a little longer..... both those pics though are right after i took off my hat so i know its hard to tell

i will take some more this week when my sister brings back the digi cam

Scoiland

Established Member
Reaction score
HairlossTalk said:
mattj said:
Agreed. Its noticeably longer and you've brushed it forward in both of the after pics. Whereas it is brushed back and up in the before pics.

HairLossTalk.com

it isn't that in the first pic it is brushed backwards, it would just naturally go like that

i will how take some better pics

Zim

Established Member
Reaction score
Good stuff. Nope I wouldnt drop rogaine unless you want a whoopass of pain from a big shed.

Dont go lazy on your regimen, its very easy to do after youve had some success. Keep up with rogaine twice a day, but the odd day its okay to use it once a day now and again.