Photos of my hair:

sl

Established Member
Reaction score
Hey guys I have been on finasteride and nizerol shampoo for 2 months... here are some pics of my hair, this is how badly my has thinned within a couple of weeks:

back of my head and top:

STA70349.jpg
another back:
STA70344.jpg

and one front of my head:

STA70347.jpg

My question is do you think I am ready for Minxoxidel, or add more things for my routine?

P.S if I comb my hair other directions, you would see thinning over there too

Goingat20

Reaction score
you have a lot of thick hair, and are lucky your hair loss is at early stages. I would add minoxidil to the thinning areas to help out. Goodluck!

G

Yes man, I say that if you think you can apply minoxidil twice a day and follow the regimen, then add it.

The sooner, the better.

sl

Established Member
Reaction score
cheers guys, You guys think its a good idea to add mino at early stages? I am worried that if I take Rogaine, I will lose the existing hair I have with the shock shed. And then have the 'fluffy' hair.

ACT10Npack

Experienced Member
Reaction score
No, stay with Propecia and Nizoral. You dont need to use 20 different product to keep your hair. Just wait atleast 1 year before adding or remove product for your hair loss. If your still lossing your hair then add minoxidil and if not and see regrowth then stay with what you have. If you add minoxidil and you see that your still lossing your hair then your out of luck and you loss more money. Use minoxidil if propecia fails. I know most of the people here to use the Big 3(propecia, nizoral, and minoxidil) but there not a doctor. WAIT, WAIT!!!

socks

Experienced Member
Reaction score
sl said:
cheers guys, You guys think its a good idea to add mino at early stages? I am worried that if I take Rogaine, I will lose the existing hair I have with the shock shed. And then have the 'fluffy' hair.

I dont think minoxdil is ideal for the early stages of hairloss. I think Finasteride and Nizoral shampoo is ideal for the early stages of hairloss and I encourage you to go that route. Minoxidil doesnt save hair per say. Minoxidil stimulates hair growth which can help offset Androgenetic Alopecia but the actual damage from DHT goes unaffected as minoxidil doesnt address the hormonal angle.

Aplunk1

Reaction score
I don't see how the addition of minoxidil can hurt his cause.

I think that he should get on the Big 3.

-cj-

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Just think of it this way, if you wait a year and you haven't improved, you would have wasted a year not using minoxidil that you could have used to stimuate growth.

Also there are two different views. There are those that have already lost their hair that are just trying to get it back and then there are people like us that are young and want to KEEP what hair they have left, not wait until we have lost it and try to get it back.

That's just my opinion. Why not hit it from every angle.

Aplunk1

Reaction score
-cj- said:
Just think of it this way, if you wait a year and you haven't improved, you would have wasted a year not using minoxidil that you could have used to stimuate growth.

Also there are two different views. There are those that have already lost their hair that are just trying to get it back and then there are people like us that are young and want to KEEP what hair they have left, not wait until we have lost it and try to get it back.

That's just my opinion. Why not hit it from every angle.

I'll second this.

The Big 3 is the best bet... Minoxidil can help to maintain your hair, if not grow some amounts of it back.

Ultimately, Propecia is your best bet, medically. Secondly, minoxidil. Thirdly, Nizoral.

Used in conjunction, the three work synergistically with each other. It's the best "proven" combination of meds we have to fight male pattern baldness.

sl

Established Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys, I have no problem adding rogaine into the mix, but would it affect the existing hair I have? also my hair r falling out as we speak

iamnaked

Experienced Member
Reaction score
You will likely suffer a period of time on minoxidil some time after the 1 month mark in which your hair will look crap, but it will get better afterwards, believe me.

iamnaked

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Basically, yeah. It's like a loss in volume. The hairline doesn't go anywhere, but it looks less full.