Philosoraptor's Story - 24 (Big 3 + miconazole)

philosoraptor

Established Member
Reaction score
Little update for this week considering it is still the weekend.

Manned up and shaved my head. The hair I had left was strong and healthy, but was getting less dense and considerably harder to style. So I chopped it all off. And the result? Not bad. It looks like it may be better than when I last cut my hair this short in November. It is at the very least the same. And all of this after a rather major shed.

Two positives:
1)I haven't slipped backwards. Hopefully I will regain what was shed through out the summer.
2) I don't have to look at my hair falling out anymore. Because I won't be able to tell.

This puts me in better spirits. Now to tan my scalp because it has gotten pretty pale in the past 5-6 months!

philosoraptor

Established Member
Reaction score
June 5, 2010: Week 66

Having short hair is so much easier. I don't have to comb or brush it. Topicals are sooo much easier. I don't have to watch my hair fall out of my head. Now the summer is coming my head is cooler. I don't have to worry about going into pools and getting my hair wet. It's actually made me happier.

My hairline is still in the same place. Low density in the entire frontal area with more thinning in the temples. But like I said last time my hair isn't any worse than the last time I shaved my head. And after a pretty constant shed I am hopeful and excited for it to fill in.

Until next time.

imgannakeepit

Reaction score
nice one man! i just shaved my head too and its way easier! i should of done it ages ago.

Now this minoxidil has just gotta kick in and ill be all good.

philosoraptor

Established Member
Reaction score
June 13, 2010: Week 67

Not much to report. Keeping hair really short. Still shedding. Hairline in same place with frontal loss. More so in the temples. Hair feels thicker than the last time I had shaved my head. I just don't have much density. Probably going to keep on to two years. I seemed to have at least maintained over the past year and couple of months. Personally I don't think it affects my appearance much at all and I am definitely more at peace about it than I have been in the past.

Until next week.

philosoraptor

Established Member
Reaction score
June 20, 2010: Week 68

Looks like I may be shedding less. Hard to tell. Other than that no changes and nothing to report.

philosoraptor

Established Member
Reaction score
July 5, 2010: Week 70

Busy weekend. Hair is the same. Thick healthy hair in front just not as dense as every where else. I rarely think about my hair anymore. It has made me much happier. Still on my regimen though.

Until next week.