Phase III for duta to treat male pattern baldness

Reaction score
Many years ago GSK brought Avodart onto the market to treat BHP. Since then Avodart has been prescribed off label to treat male pattern baldness because the active ingredient dutasteride is similar to finasteride in that they both lower DHT. They went thought phase I and II testing t brig duta onto the market to treat male pattern baldness but never went through with it. They are getting the ball rolling again! http://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/NCT01831791 http://www.reddit.com/r/tressless/comments/21ahkt/gsk_is_pursuing_fda_approval_for_dutasteride_to/

chemicalbrother

Established Member
Reaction score
very interested to see what dosage they will put on it (for hairloss) ... probably NOT .5mg ED that we've "all" been on.

abcdefg

Reaction score
Yeah they wanted to wait for propecia patent to expire first. I wouldnt touch dutasteride. My hopes are on CB 03 01

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
lol, 2014 and we're still running clinical trials on these bullsh*t treatments that give you limp d*ck, b*tch tits, brain fog, lack of a sex drive and other unknown crap all to just SLOW DOWN hair loss?

My god, that is pathetic.

Reaction score
If you look at the "intervention" section you will see that they are testing .5mg/ED of duta to treat alopecia. Not very promising, but I am more interested to see the studies on the side effects

shivers20

Established Member
Reaction score
They will probably fudge with the side effects numbers. 2% sounds about right! yeah, okay!

abcdefg

Reaction score
In all fairness I would expect dutasteride to do a better job at preventing hair loss. If you took it really early on you might keep all your hair like the pictures of those twins where one never went bald at all. That being said I think dutasteride is pretty risky long term and you might be better off just going bald for a few years until CB hits the market so you can deal with male pattern baldness safely

Python

Established Member
Reaction score
If you look at the "intervention" section you will see that they are testing .5mg/ED of duta to treat alopecia. Not very promising, but I am more interested to see the studies on the side effects

Hey, can you send me the link to that thread, I can't find it on mobile.

Kirby

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm actually really positive about dutasteride being fully cleared as a hair loss treatment, by every possible jurisdiction. Full real. I intend to switch to dutasteride from finasteride at some point in the future, but getting finasteride legitimately prescribed here in the UK is an endless struggle, so you can imagine how difficult it would be to get dutasteride properly… Yeah. Basically, I want dutasteride available everywhere as a hair loss treatment rather than being off-label.

Maybe dutasteride might be risky long-term, but if you could get it for several years while you wait for legit CB-03-01, or some new ultimate mega-treatment, why not?

I don't get why some people here are so down about or anti- the possibility of GSK getting dutasteride recognised and studied as a hair loss treatment. For some people it could help them deal with and treat their hair loss in a very effective way.

Reaction score
CB0301 has been turned out didn't work, is it right? What do you mean by putting your hopes on CB0301. Sorry for my ignorance, but I want to know something about it.

- - - Updated - - -

CB0301 has been turned out didn't work, is it right? What do you mean by putting your hopes on CB0301. Sorry for my ignorance, but I want to know something about it.

Sparky4444

Reaction score
You know what guys, a person has to be careful of side-effects AND withdrawls from the drug...

...It turns out I am having serious withdrawls from getting off CET...I was taking oral and topically..stopped topical, but when I tried stopping oral I would get skin itching after a few days, thinking I had allergies...so I kept taking...now I am trying to get off it and now I know what it must be like getting off heroin -- skin itch from hell, hives ...even worse I get episodes of skin prickling under the skin, even though there is no hives or redness...

google cetirizine withdrawl and read some of the forums -- it will scare the crap out of you....some people can shake it in a couple of weeks, some a couple months, some more...a nightmare...

..right now I am weaning myself off it by taking benadryl to help me sleep at night, while dealing with the torture during the day..

...having said all that -- taking drugs is serious effin business and can eff you up...I never thought hard about it, but now it scares the **** out of me

cthulhu2.0

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm actually really positive about dutasteride being fully cleared as a hair loss treatment, by every possible jurisdiction. Full real. I intend to switch to dutasteride from finasteride at some point in the future, but getting finasteride legitimately prescribed here in the UK is an endless struggle, so you can imagine how difficult it would be to get dutasteride properly… Yeah. Basically, I want dutasteride available everywhere as a hair loss treatment rather than being off-label.

Maybe dutasteride might be risky long-term, but if you could get it for several years while you wait for legit CB-03-01, or some new ultimate mega-treatment, why not?

I don't get why some people here are so down about or anti- the possibility of GSK getting dutasteride recognised and studied as a hair loss treatment. For some people it could help them deal with and treat their hair loss in a very effective way.

Here is why Dutasteride is dangerous. In the words of the doctor who prescribed me finasteride, "There's no way in hell I will prescribe any one of my patients dutasteride, I don't care who you are." The logic according to him was that dutasteride inhibits not only type 2 but type 1, which is present in the brain. On top of that, it inhibits overall dht by 95% compared to overall dht reduced by 60-70% with finasteride, making dutasteride very dangerous to your health and sex life. I am actually very surprised they are moving forward with it for hairloss since many doctors are already very apprehensive to prescribe it off label for hairloss. I could understand taking dutasteride if dht wasn't something that our bodies rely on as men. I recall guys from other forums mentioning that they switched from finasteride to dutasteride as a means to avoid finasteride side effects(smart right?), to find that there symptoms were "100x worse" than when on finasteride. I would be very careful if you are considering it, in my honest opinion.

cthulhu2.0

Established Member
Reaction score
what about dutasteride as a topical??

dutasteride and finasteride won't work as topicals because they need to be metabolized by the liver to be effective. There are a couple of studies on this, and basically finasteride and dutasteride work to the extent that they are systematically absorbed into the blood stream. This is the reason for the development of cb-03-01, which is metabolized in the skin into its inactive ingredient. Besides, Merck and GSK would have developed topicals long ago given the stigma of taking these medications orally for hairloss.

IDW2BB

Established Member
Reaction score
dutasteride and finasteride won't work as topicals because they need to be metabolized by the liver to be effective. There are a couple of studies on this, and basically finasteride and dutasteride work to the extent that they are systematically absorbed into the blood stream. This is the reason for the development of cb-03-01, which is metabolized in the skin into its inactive ingredient. Besides, Merck and GSK would have developed topicals long ago given the stigma of taking these medications orally for hairloss.

How is RU different?

cthulhu2.0

Established Member
Reaction score
How is RU different?

Nobody knows for sure. It was suddenly stopped in phase 2 studies by prostrakan, likely due to safety issues or lack of efficacy

- - - Updated - - -

Ive heard of ppl getting side effects from ru, so it most likely goes through the blood stream

Sparky4444

Reaction score

great reply! makes sense