PGE1 vs PGE2 for hair growth (7 words)

StayPositive

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Everybody talk about using pge2 upregulators/agonists like minoxidil and castor oil, and even plain pge2 for hair growth, but no one talk about using pge1 or pge1 analogs for growth

Why?

Miconazole Nitrate increases is very cheap and increases pge1. Why nobody use it?

Miconazole Nitrate is OTC

Fontaine

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I don't get this pge1 and pge2 stuff but if there was that much promise with pge1 you'd think the it would be a little more mainstream than only discussed in forums like this

Charger

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I've used miconazole nitrate before and it made me feel like sh*t. Kinda gave me fever-like symptoms, nauseous and really hot.

MrPortugal

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah i saw that

I just got a 2% cream and will buy soon a 2% shampoo

I will not use it every day but 3 or 4 times per week

I am thinking about adding etoricoxib (a selective Cox-2 inibitor)
From my experience the keto 2% shampoo works better against male pattern baldness if you use everyday for 5-10 minutes, but I want to try keto 2% liquid topical I believe works better then shampoo

About of the cox-2 inhibitor you need take care because can destroy your heart long term.

Good luck

StayPositive

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
From my experience the keto 2% shampoo works better against male pattern baldness if you use everyday for 5-10 minutes, but I want to try keto 2% liquid topical I believe works better then shampoo

About of the cox-2 inhibitor you need take care because can destroy your heart long term.

Good luck
I think keto cream can cause low testosterone in the long run so i will never try it. I am ultra sensitive to anti androgens..

but there is no doubt it works wonder for a lot of people.

For cox2 inibitors, yes they destroy the heart long term if taken alone but not if taken along with aspirin (like 20mg per day)

Aspirin can cause gut problems in a lot of guys, but thankfully that's not my case

StayPositive

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I've used miconazole nitrate before and it made me feel like sh*t. Kinda gave me fever-like symptoms, nauseous and really hot.
Regarding miconazole, did you use it on the entire scalp or just at the temples/hairline ?

It's probably a dose dependent thing, and maybe using it only the hairline will not cause problems

I just saw studies showing miconazole is an anti androgen, just like ketoconazole

Charger

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It was way back, but I'm pretty sure I just started on the hairline at small doses, I definitely didn't lather my scalp in it.