PFS after only 1 month on propecia

gooose

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi all...i took propecia 0.25mg EOD for 1 month then stopped. The next four days libido come roaring back. Ejaculate volume and force recovered almost overnight. I was feeling leaner too having put 3kg of weight while taking the drug. You know the phrase thinking with your dick...that's how it feels...i.e. great. Sadly this only lasted a few days though and things have dipped again. Please tell me you can't get PFS after only 1 month on this drug?

JTS

Banned
Reaction score
Lots of people crash after coming off the drug- you'll probably be fine. This was told to me by a doctor, I had no idea that crashes were common and got terribly scared- keep cool, don't go down that route. Give it about a month or two and if the sides don't subside get ahold of a dr with PFS experience.

Foxi

Established Member
Reaction score
my Testosteron is 2,29 (3-10 is Normal)

my face as a Men-Wife and this 6 Years after stoping this **** Drug

JTS

Banned
Reaction score
my Testosteron is 2,29 (3-10 is Normal)

my face as a Men-Wife and this 6 Years after stoping this **** Drug

We know. I'd appreciate it if you would keep these sorts of posts to threads regarding people who actually suffer from PFS. The thread starter is still early in his recovery and all your doing is scaring him.

Also, if you have low testosterone you should try Clomid and exercise. Find yourself a dr with PFS experience and try and work something out.

gooose

Established Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys. I feel no different to the how i felt on the drug which wasn't great in terms of libido. It's just the positive spike after stopping that didn't last that's a bit disconcerting.

As an aside (no pun intended) the improvement just after stopping is freaking awesome.

br1

Reaction score
Thanks guys. I feel no different to the how i felt on the drug which wasn't great in terms of libido. It's just the positive spike after stopping that didn't last that's a bit disconcerting.

As an aside (no pun intended) the improvement just after stopping is freaking awesome.

That was probably hormone rebound. Or, you feeling the DHT kicking in. I had the same, last a couple weeks. After that the body adjusts.

pendo747

Reaction score
Goose, i took it 1 month and have been off it 3 weeks. First 10 days sucked...thought i may have pfs....low energy and erection werent as solid. Similar stuff to why i got off it in first place. About the 2 week mark started to feel alot better. This last week i feel even more normal, but not 100% yet. MUCH better though. I felt like hormones were shot at tail end of being on finasteride and first 1.5 weeks off. Brain felt cloudy and messed up still too. That is MUCH better now too. Not 100% but good. I will keep you posted on progress. Screw that drug..not for me and thousands of others.

- - - Updated - - -

PS. Heard it is wise to lay off booze while recovering. Im going to lay off it for 2 months at least. Want feel 100% so i know im back to me and dont attribute anything to hangover etc.

g.i joey

Reaction score
i went on and off propecia about 4-5 times in the past year and havent once suffered from pfs, i know this isnt the case for everyone but this is the MOST LIKELY scenario.

g.i joey

Reaction score
what was your main problems if you dont mind me asking. I found some supplements that helped me feel completely normal while on finasteride.

Also, i think we have this huge stigma of looking at propecia as a drug that has an effect on us such as some of the drugs we use recreationally. so when we take propecia we literally feel as if we're "on propecia". idk if i wrote that right but it seems people who take it and forget about it (brother, and a distant friend) dont seem to suffer from ANYTHING.

pendo747

Reaction score
Well, i truly suffered. Felt fine for couple weeks then head was all messed up and felt like prisoner in my own brain and hormones were shot. My body quit. Got really tired and had no sexual desire aned couldnt be happy about anything.Ive never suffered from any serious health issues and this drug took it tolls. I dont take any other meds either. Never have. I feel about 90% of old self currently. I didnt even know of pfs until i suffered symptoms of it so it wasnt just in my head. I dont believe i have that as body has rebounded good over these 3 weeks off, but first 10 days were scary. Thanks jesus im on road back. It made me realize to be happy for my health and everything else ive been gifted with.

gooose

Established Member
Reaction score
GIjoey i agree some of the side effects may well be tolerable...for certain personality types. I stopped after a month to see how long it would take for my libido to return. The plan was to then reassess. But when i felt a surge of libido just after i stopped i realised i never want to risk losing that feeling again. I think the drug works if your libido is already high and at 38 mine's acceptable but not through the roof by any means. The other thing that i have a problem with is the belly fat and risk of man boobs. I know these are supposed to be rare but i don't buy the idea some get them and others don't. I reckon it's a question of degree and that scares the hell out of me. I'm just going to hope i can get the minoxidil to work again (see other thread on tretonoin). Still, am interested to hear what you did to counter the sides.

JTS

Banned
Reaction score
GIjoey i agree some of the side effects may well be tolerable...for certain personality types. I stopped after a month to see how long it would take for my libido to return. The plan was to then reassess. But when i felt a surge of libido just after i stopped i realised i never want to risk losing that feeling again. I think the drug works if your libido is already high and at 38 mine's acceptable but not through the roof by any means. The other thing that i have a problem with is the belly fat and risk of man boobs. I know these are supposed to be rare but i don't buy the idea some get them and others don't. I reckon it's a question of degree and that scares the hell out of me. I'm just going to hope i can get the minoxidil to work again (see other thread on tretonoin). Still, am interested to hear what you did to counter the sides.

The sides can affect you regardless of libido. Mine is through the roof and I got sides. That said, my libido also never suffered during my time on the drug.

gooose

Established Member
Reaction score
Ok guys something bad happened today. To recap i've been off finasteride for 1 week now after taking 0.25mg EOD for 4 weeks. I never had ball ache except when i tried once to up the dose to 0.5mg but that was more a groin ache. Today i was making out in a bar with a young lady for the first time since starting the drug. My soldier stood to attention and i got a major horn. Then something bad happened. My desire to have animal sex with this lady whilst at first welcome brought on this quite nasty ache in my left ball. That was 5 hours ago. I couldn't contemplate sex it was so bad. Fortunately it was late and she needed to get home so we called it a night. I am at home now nursing a painful testicle. It's like my mind and body was so looking forward to getting down and dirty (a quite different horn from watching p**rn) and my testicle did not like it. This is actual ball ache...not the pelvis or groin. Anyone go through something similar? Please tell me this is normal part of the recovery. I am convinced the pain was a direct result of me basically feeling intense sexual excitement, and the finasteride of course.

JTS

Banned
Reaction score
Ok guys something bad happened today. To recap i've been off finasteride for 1 week now after taking 0.25mg EOD for 4 weeks. I never had ball ache except when i tried once to up the dose to 0.5mg but that was more a groin ache. Today i was making out in a bar with a young lady for the first time since starting the drug. My soldier stood to attention and i got a major horn. Then something bad happened. My desire to have animal sex with this lady whilst at first welcome brought on this quite nasty ache in my left ball. That was 5 hours ago. I couldn't contemplate sex it was so bad. Fortunately it was late and she needed to get home so we called it a night. I am at home now nursing a painful testicle. It's like my mind and body was so looking forward to getting down and dirty (a quite different horn from watching p**rn) and my testicle did not like it. This is actual ball ache...not the pelvis or groin. Anyone go through something similar? Please tell me this is normal part of the recovery. I am convinced the pain was a direct result of me basically feeling intense sexual excitement, and the finasteride of course.

Give it some time. It's probably pelvic floor tension. It may subside in a few weeks or you may need some physio. What's important, regardless of what happens, is that you need to relax. Let me guess, you're a naturally anxious person?

g.i joey

Reaction score
i got nut ache even when ejaculating after taking finasteride, this went away after a couple months though.

JTS, im sorry to say but by reading most of these threads ALOT of the people who reportedly suffer sides are very anxious and insecure people. Having sides is completely understandable but the way they portray these sides through their post really indicates that they are constantly searching and looking for a problem.

gooose

Established Member
Reaction score
Whilst some 'sides' are seemingly exacerbated by anxiety and personality type i think it's unfair to generalise. Certainly, brain fog and libido can be imagined. Severe ball ache is not imagined. I'm not unduly anxious but if, and it's a big if, i am going to get PFS then it's only sensible to check on these forums if any timely action is advised. Anyway, i appreciate the help.