Pfizer completes Phase III trials for male pattern baldness Treatment????!!!!!

G

I am thinking it will be MUCH better than minoxidil .... otherwise Pfizer or any other company wont do a commercial release unless they see the revenue potential....

Fallout Boy

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I dont think we should expect a breakthrough or anything... i think if its a higher concentration minoxidil, works a little better , and dries faster i think thats all they really need. If it works at all better than any other minoxidil product they have then it will sell.

Britannia

Reaction score
Yeah your right theres nothing new at all :roll:
Big disappointment.

fallguy

Reaction score
Trial

how long will it take for this foam variant to make it to the marketplace :shock:

Deaner

Reaction score
I'm largely disappointed because I've been turned off the idea of topicals from day one. I was extremely excited for them to come out with something in oral form, but that won't be happening...

chewbaca

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Deaner said:
I'm largely disappointed because I've been turned off the idea of topicals from day one. I was extremely excited for them to come out with something in oral form, but that won't be happening...

dont lsoe hope yet, there currently a new drug meant to downregulate or completely kill AR function. I posted a topic on it a while back

http://www.androscience.com/

jeffsss

Reaction score
chewbaca said:
Deaner said:

dont lsoe hope yet, there currently a new drug meant to downregulate or completely kill AR function. I posted a topic on it a while back

http://www.androscience.com/

have a look at the pipe line. not even into phase studys yet.. this product wont be beneficial for many a moons.

http://www.androscience.com/product.htm

michael barry

Reaction score
Old Baldy,
You and I a pretty much veterans of this sh*t. What good do you think the "foam" will do? We already have minoxidil. Unless this is a formula for putting it into your shampoo or its a way to get it to your scalp without the propylene glycol, I DO NOT understand what they are workin' towards here, do you?

PPG-free minoxidil is already availble anyway on lipoxidil (hate that site, too high). I dont get it man.

pcu83

Reaction score
If you check out this interview, it's pretty informative:

http://www.hairlosshelp.com/hair_loss_n ... roduct.cfm

I think the new stuff will be good for a few reasons:

1) Higher concentrations of minoxidil without the crystallization.
2) Consistent, quick absorption of minoxidil.

The foam technology is designed to retain its "foamy" structure at room temperature, much like a shaving foam, but to very rapidly disintegrate, or "melt" at skin temperature. This ensures that a dose of the product can be conveniently applied to the scalp and rubbed in without it dripping or running down the forehead or neck, and very importantly, without leaving a sticky residue in the (remaining) hair.

--Since Connetics Q4 press release seems to indicate that it will be 5% concentration, I think the consistency aspect will probably be the key part of the product.

3) Probably very little PPG.
4) New data from FDA trials -- I can't imagine Pfizer releasing a product that is less effective than Rogaine 5%.

Caveats:

1) Initially, it will probably only be 5%. My guess is there's a higher concentration in the pipeline (similar to the way in which 2% came out before 5%).
2) This could essentially be a marketing play - by putting out a "new" product (i.e. new delivery system), they will be able to charge a premium (hopefully not too significant) over generic minoxidil liquids. Plus, as they have a patent, they won't have to deal with generics for the new stuff.

-- This could be an effort to get Rogaine back more in favor with derms who will then prescribe them. My derm told me that he had been seeing minoxidil since they were doing the studies in the early 80s, and he thought it was worthless, since it doesn't really stop hair loss.

And yes, new product will mean that it will be more expensive. I mean it's really cheap now -- $50 for a 3 month supply. I use the 3 months supply in one month as I'm a diffuse thinner and need to apply it all over my head, but still. It's cheaper than one night out drinking. Think about it that way.

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
I don't understand why all this controversy continues. I think it's already been established what the PURPOSE of the new product is: to be more desirable from a purely cosmetic standpoint. It has nothing to do with being more EFFECTIVE (growing more hair) than ordinary Rogaine.

Bryan

michael barry

Reaction score
Bryan,
Im not going to waste my money on it. I can get a 3 pack of 2% minoxidil at walmart for 24 bucks.

I think minoxidil is a great helper, but doesnt adress the causes.

I still wish somebody could put gamma linolenic, green tea extract, copper peptides, a few SOD's, minoxidil, and a good receptor blocker (sprio, fluridil, RU) all in one easy to use, once a day, topical.

Old Baldy

Reaction score
michael barry said:
Bryan,
Im not going to waste my money on it. I can get a 3 pack of 2% minoxidil at walmart for 24 bucks.

I think minoxidil is a great helper, but doesnt adress the causes.

I still wish somebody could put gamma linolenic, green tea extract, copper peptides, a few SOD's, minoxidil, and a good receptor blocker (sprio, fluridil, RU) all in one easy to use, once a day, topical.

Just saw your question Mike. It is disappointing that Pfizer hasn't found a "new" medicine for our ailment but that's reality I guess. Oh well. :(

I agree with Bryan and pcu.

It will be interesting to see the final product though. You never know, maybe there is a little better penetration?

oni

Reaction score
Who cares you all know the difference because of this site :shock: just make sure you educate the masses and give them the real choice, let the truth set them free!

Britannia

Reaction score
michael barry said:
Old Baldy,
You and I a pretty much veterans of this $#iT. What good do you think the "foam" will do? We already have minoxidil. Unless this is a formula for putting it into your shampoo or its a way to get it to your scalp without the propylene glycol, I DO NOT understand what they are workin' towards here, do you?

PPG-free minoxidil is already availble anyway on lipoxidil (hate that site, too high). I dont get it man.

The foam based product has found to be stable at concentrations over 10%, so although the acutal concentration of the foam based product is unknown we can assume it will be higher than the current 5% strength of Rogaine.

Old Baldy

Reaction score
Yes, who knows Britannia, maybe there will be something good about this new stuff? We'll find out soon enough won't we? :)

luke77

Established Member
Reaction score
Any guesses on the cost? I will use the foam if it's cheaper than $20 for a month's suupply because I have to use Dr. Lee's stuff now - I'm allergic to PPG. I'm thinking it will probably be fairly expensive since it's new, but I also can't see them pricing it much higher than the old stuff since it will be the same dosage.