Pfizer completes Phase III trials for male pattern baldness Treatment????!!!!!

ronaldkia

Established Member
Reaction score
wait a moment...isnt Pfizer the manufacturer of Celebrex (causing death) and Zoloft.... i feel sadened/ ridiculed when i see some people all excited over a drug they think is gonna be a miracle pill.... they all laugh first and cry after..its almost ambarassing.

yall simply dont realize that before being a 'wellness' company, Pfizer is in it to make money, at all costs. who do you think supervizes the clinical trials.

One last word...Celebrex.

Britannia

Reaction score
The more I look into this the more interested I get. Pfizer would have invested a lot of money in getting this drug through the FDA trials and I doubt very much that they would have done this unless this new drug was going to be in some way superior to Propecia. Think about it - why would they invest time and money developing a drug that was going to be second best? They wouldnt so you can assume that this new drug is either going to have a higher success rate than Propecia's 83% or a lower incidence of side effects, but with Propecia being very VERY low at 2% this seems unlikely.

G

On other forums, there are some thoughts that the Pfizer-product described on clinicaltrials.gov is just an ordinary minoxidil foam.

My thoughts: could be possible, but it doesn't explain why Pfizer omitted all that information on the website of clinicaltrials.gov.

luke77

Established Member
Reaction score
ronaldkia said:
wait a moment...isnt Pfizer the manufacturer of Celebrex (causing death) and Zoloft.... i feel sadened/ ridiculed when i see some people all excited over a drug they think is gonna be a miracle pill.... they all laugh first and cry after..its almost ambarassing.

yall simply dont realize that before being a 'wellness' company, Pfizer is in it to make money, at all costs. who do you think supervizes the clinical trials.

You don't know what you are talking about...people have reactions to aspirin and antibiotics and die all the time. Any internal medicine is going to have side effects. Every company is in it to make money, that doesn't mean they are going to put a knowingly unsafe drug on the market..besides, that's the whole purpose of clinical trials - to establish safety data.

hairwegoagain

Reaction score
Friend, you're logic is misguided to a great extent.

If there wasn't money to be made, research would be very minimal. That's not just in regards to male pattern baldness...that's serious (male pattern baldness doesn't kill you) illnesses such as cancer and AIDS. Would you quit your job/drop out of school to devote all of your time to charity? Live in a box? No? Didn't think so. It's irrelevant though, because there's an enormous amount of money to be made on male pattern baldness. I venture to say many guys on here would hawk their first born to have a cure (very foolishly, I might add).

Anything to do with adverse reactions to some marketed drugs is irrelevant. All drugs have some contraindications...minoxidil and finasteride come to mind. Hell, even chocolate can kill a dog.

There are probably teams of hopeful male pattern baldness drugs in trials of some sort at any given time. Who knows what this one is? Could be extraordinary, could be no more effective than current treatments, could be less effective. I am very bullish about the future of more effective medication - whether this one is one of them, we have no way of knowing...but to prejudge it (as if you had enough information or were qualified to do so) based on some reactions to another drug by the same manufacturer is plain silly.

I'm not raggin' on you, friend. I'm just trying to suggest that your thinking is a bit narrow. Making assumptions about some male pattern baldness treatment is not gonna hurt you too much - as worst case you lose your hair. In more important things in life, however, it could carry more gravity.

I suggest this because I've been there.

ronaldkia said:

ronaldkia

Established Member
Reaction score
You don't know what you are talking about...people have reactions to aspirin and antibiotics and die all the time. Any internal medicine is going to have side effects. Every company is in it to make money, that doesn't mean they are going to put a knowingly unsafe drug on the market..besides, that's the whole purpose of clinical trials - to establish safety data.[/quote]

Uh???? omg.... listen..u know someone who died after taking an aspirin? geez...im sure bayers got sued from someone claiming he died after using aspiring...geez man. when you argue, try to make sense.

Old Baldy

Reaction score
Luke said:
You don't know what you are talking about...people have reactions to aspirin and antibiotics and die all the time. Any internal medicine is going to have side effects. Every company is in it to make money, that doesn't mean they are going to put a knowingly unsafe drug on the market..besides, that's the whole purpose of clinical trials - to establish safety data.

ronald said:
Uh???? omg.... listen..u know someone who died after taking an aspirin? geez...im sure bayers got sued from someone claiming he died after using aspiring...geez man. when you argue, try to make sense.
Ronald: Several hundred deaths are caused every year from the use of aspirin. This is VERY OLD news. (I think aspirin was introduced in 1898, annual deaths have been recorded ever since.)

Bayer probably hasn't been SUCCESSFULLY sued because the deaths are usually caused by overdose. Why don't you do some research and tell us why Bayer wasn't sued even though overdosing on aspirin causes hundreds of deaths every year? (Or, maybe they have been sued? 8) )

There's ALWAYS a risk to drugs. It's just that simple. You have to make a personal decision. That's also "just that simple". Lecturing people without concise knowledge is silly. Do more research.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aspirin

Britannia

Reaction score
I know of a patient who died from taking aspirin. They had an adnormal response and died from massive internal bleeding. No idea if anyone was sued.

G

Bad news guys, it's the foam.

Dear Mr xxx,

Thank you for your interest in Connetics and in our minoxidil foam product for hairloss.

I confirm that this product is indeed in late stage development in association with our licensee, Pfizer. As part of the development program both pre-clinical and clinical trials were required. Subject to satisfactory review by the FDA we expect the product to be marketed in the USA under the Regaine/Rogaine brand and eventually in other markets.

Unfortunately I am unable to disclose to you when the product is expected to be launched.

Yours sincerely

Ross Macdonald

Ross A. Macdonald PhD
Vice President, Business Development
Connetics Corporation
Ph: +1 650 843 2837 or +61 3 9763 0022
Fax: +61 3 9763 0354
http://www.connetics.com
:( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(

Britannia

Reaction score
Whatever this product is it will be more effective than either Propecia or Minoxidil preperations already available (or both). It would make no sense for them to develop a treatment that was going to be second best.

rockandroll

Reaction score
Well, if it's the foam it's obviously a disappointment because it won't be the product that makes Propecia look useless in comparison, but hey,at least it dries quicker than Rogaine and is more potent! better to have some improvements than none at all.

1derphull

Established Member
Reaction score
This sucks, people have been using high concentration minoxidil for years in liposomes and so on. Foam won't change much other than it not gunkin up your hair.

Well I guess we can look at it this way...Minoxidil is not only FDA approved. It is DOUBLE FDA approved. Yipeeeeeeeeeeeee! Christmas came early this year :)

Dinzy

Established Member
Reaction score
I am curious as to how this plays out with generics. Since the drug is no longer patented does this mean they can all market a similar foam product, or is the method of delivery now patented, and thus exclusive to pfizer?

Britannia

Reaction score
Why is everyone so down because this product turned out to be a foam based minoxidil treatment. Digging a bit deeper it seems this new formulation is stable at concentrations of around 10% and is likely to cause much less irritation than regular solutions. Plus is it much easier to apply and dries in 10 minutes. It seems to me that theyve made a good male pattern baldness treatment excellent.

Fallout Boy

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Britannia said:
Why is everyone so down because this product turned out to be a foam based minoxidil treatment. Digging a bit deeper it seems this new formulation is stable at concentrations of around 10% and is likely to cause much less irritation than regular solutions. Plus is it much easier to apply and dries in 10 minutes. It seems to me that theyve made a good male pattern baldness treatment excellent.

I agree with Britannia on this one. Any treatment that is improved on should be big news. It's not the biggest improvement but if it works even a little bit better than 5% its worth it ..to me. And especially that it dries in 10 minutes. Thats good news.