Pessimism, absurdism; try realism.

fodandahalf

Established Member
Reaction score
Too many threads on this site consist of people generalizing the effects of hair loss, people's reaction to hair loss etc. Nobody on here can say with authority how ''bald men are perceived by humanity'' or how balding ''dooms'' us. For starters, these are all delusional and biased ideas as they come entirely from bald/ balding men who have joined this forum.

This is a great place to look for options or vent about how hair loss has impacted YOUR life, but to say people are 'wrong' for thinking hair loss isn't the end of the world, or to dictate how hard it will be to get good looking girls once you lose your hair is ridiculous. One man's life can be ruined by baldness, whilst another can be barely affected. It doesn't make either one a better person, or a less delusional person, they're just simply different people.

So stop blaming ''society'' (the most sickeningly overused word on this forum) for perceiving you as a monster, in fact, f**k society. The only thing that matters (cheesy I know) is how you feel about your situation. If society suddenly became completely tolerant and understanding towards balding- would you then immediately be fine with your hair loss? Probably not.

HairPieceMan

Reaction score
well we are all people, so both society and yourself feel the same way about the issue.

overall i'd say people do not like or respect me when i am bald, that is the reaction i got from society (and i dont care what saf says abotu all his 20 something balding mates who are doing a-ok).

but then again i don't blame them becuase i simple look embarassing.

as i said before baldness is probably on the same level as a certain degree of acne, people look at you wierd and it doesnt look right, yes its more common but that doesnt take away the affect of having white skin and dark (balding) hair and the "look" you get from people with this infliction.

and come on, we all know it doesnt look aethtically "correct", if i was black and thinning on top with black hair id look at myself and my reaction woudl be "it doesnt really affect me", and that is the viewpoint of the world, but the opposite way white skin + dark hair the reaction id see is not socially acceptable.

and also i get lots of negative social feedback (comments etc) from my baldness and so does my brother, in fact when my brother started to grow out his beard in his late 20s his friend mentioned how it sorted out his "problem" with the hairloss.

we are percieved by society that we have a problem, but i know myself its a problem becuase its pretty freakin obvious i dont look right.

Islander

Established Member
Reaction score
fodandahalf said:
in fact, f**k society. The only thing that matters (cheesy I know) is how you feel about your situation.

Exactly! And I feel absolutely terrible about it.

fodandahalf said:
If society suddenly became completely tolerant and understanding towards balding- would you then immediately be fine with your hair loss? Probably not.

Yes. Yes and yes! Couldn't said it better myself.

slipy

Reaction score
part of the reason why im so butthurt over balding is because i love long grungy unkept hair. and that just makes it that much harder to cope with this situation.

Islander

Established Member
Reaction score
slipy said:
part of the reason why im so butthurt over balding is because i love long grungy unkept hair. and that just makes it that much harder to cope with this situation.

Right from my mind, dude. It's hard for me too because I see myself as longhaired. And I am forced to adapt to the look that it is NOT ME.

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
f*** society huh? Alright then pick up and move to some desolate location and live in a cave. The moment you crave a cheeseburger you'd be running back to civilization buddy.

slipy

Reaction score
Islander said:
slipy said:

Right from my mind, dude. It's hard for me too because I see myself as longhaired. And I am forced to adapt to the look that it is NOT ME.

it might be even harder on guys like us. i honestly can say, every time i see a guy with a hairstyle i used to have it feels like a dagger is being driven into my spine.