Persistent Gynecomastia 6 Months After Stopping

spooon

Established Member
Reaction score
It's been 6 months. and this side effect has not resolved. I took this poison for 6-8 weeks in a very high dose (4g daily through the scalp) having miscalculated the concentration on the bottle.

I have low DHT naturally, below the normal range in fact. I suspect this explains why I got the gyno in the first place and why it remains unresolved 6 months after stopping. going back to my baseline DHT unsurprisingly not creating the needed balance of hormones in breast tissue.

I guess I am what you call hypogonadal - below normal DHT and borderline low T

I have decided to get lean, very lean. I wish I tried this earlier. if the breast enlargement is a mix of fat and gland not only will fat loss reduce breast fat but the drop in adipose tissue will reduce aromatisation of testosterone to oestrogen thus creating better conditions for new gland to die.

I have a script for tamoxifen but really 50/50 as to whether I should go down that road. I have read that a caloric deficit enhances effectiveness of tamoxifen. another possible reason to get lean.

Topical DHT gel reportedly helps (particularly attracted by this option since I have naturally low DHT) but concerned about suppression of natural T production.

Anyone have any insights they would like to share?

Tell you what, worrying about gyno has given me less time to fret over hair loss - I guess propecia is a cure after all!!!

spooon

Established Member
Reaction score
before starting propecia - 0.75 nmol/L ref 1.14 - 4.13
6 weeks after stopping propecia - 0.75 nmol/L
4 weeks on clomid 50mg ED - 1.25 mol/L (stopped on basis I might as well try tamoxifen if anything - but didn't)

dread to think what it was while on the propecia but do not have that data point.

all that aside how long have I had low DHT - could have been effecting me for decades. previous hormone panels have only ever tested my T which while not amazing was within normal. however, DHT is critical too for health sexual functioning.

spooon

Established Member
Reaction score
don't have that data point, stopped taking it before I had a chance to monitor. I believe propecia reduces DHT by 70% if taken 1g daily and above.