Permanent Scaring After hair transplant

Vanity

Reaction score
New to this forum and actually new to this whole underground world of hair restoration dialogue. Amazing what you'll find when your paniced.

I do truly appreciate all of the information that I have gathered here in the last two days. I think Ive read every post by now. Many of you guys are extremely informed and have forced me to appreciate that information is the key to being fully happy with my hair situation (if that will ever be possible).

I'll make it brief since Im new and I know that the long messages are hard to read.

Plain and simply how much scaring remains in the donar area after full healing has occured? I know that people heal at different rates and to diff. extents, but would like to know a general answer.

Concerned cause if I go through w/ this procedure, do want to have the option to still shave my head if worse comes to worse down the line.

Please clue in the new guy.

acfava

Reaction score
if you get the strip procedure done you wont be able to shave your hair much lower than a 2-guard.

so in ur case, u wanna get the fue procedure done, which leaves virtually no scarring and then u can shave ur head if u want.

Vanity

Reaction score
Thanks. Couple more questions if possible.

1.) Does the FUE procedure have less risk of "shock" fall out than other methods? (I cannot take too much time out from work to undergo a procedure and dont want to go back worse off than when I left).

2.) Does the FUE procedure have as good of results as the donor strip procedure?

3.) Any recommended of docs that perform this surgery? Came across a guy Alvi Armani in Cananda. Anyone been to him?

This forum is the best resource ever.

acfava

Reaction score
1) as one doctor states, he has seen no such instance of shock loss from FUE.

2) tough call. depends on your needs. if u are a NW6, u will probably have to go for strip. FUE sessions, as of now, arent able to be as large as strip sessions. so, you'd need to go back several times to get all bald areas covered with FUE.

3) Dr. feller in long island, dr. jones in toronto, or dr. cole in atlanta

Vanity

Reaction score
My fear is this w/ a FUT procedure:

From what I ve read most of the people on this forum who have undergone the procedure have needed to go back to cover areas that have fallen out after the fact (even when on propecia). Thus I wonder if you are ever fully satisfied after staring the process.

Have you had any surgical procedures done? If so how many and are you satisfied?

Im 28, in the height of my sexual activity, and cant remember the last time I was secure about my hair (probably was when I had it shaved last).

We can land on Mars, but we cant cure baldness for certain? Hmmmm.....

acfava

Reaction score
dont be confused, fut and fue are different. anyways, the consensus is at your age, u will probably need at least another hair transplant.

Vanity

Reaction score
I hear you on the difference between FUT and FUE.

So if I do decide to go with the FUT, Im looking at minimum 2 to 3 procedures and a good $12,000 to $15,000 cost total.

Will I be satisfied? How many hairs are needed to cover the top of the head? Will I need more than three procedures (at 1500 to 2000), or is this enough to fully blanket the top?

acfava

Reaction score
a quote i've heard for the best strip hair transplant around (hasson&wong in vancouver) is $4 per graft for the first 1500, $2.50 after that. as long as you're cool with a 1mm thick scar on ur head, go for it. what norwood would you say you are at? you'd probably need to be at least a nw4 for them to even consider you.

G

acfava said:
a quote i've heard for the best strip hair transplant around (hasson&wong in vancouver) is $4 per graft for the first 1500, $2.50 after that. as long as you're cool with a 1mm thick scar on ur head, go for it. what norwood would you say you are at? you'd probably need to be at least a nw4 for them to even consider you.

I paid the same rate here in San Diego.

Vanity

Reaction score
The whole Norwood scale doesnt make sense to me.

I am thinning at the temples and on the top. Just general thinning and not in "Norwood Scale" form.

As for FUT:

Bruce you say you had the same procedure in SD. Who was your Doctor and was he good?

Also, how common does shock loss occur? Rare or prevalent?

nomad

Established Member
Reaction score
BruceLee said:
acfava said:

Hey Bruce, what was that docs name again?

G

nomad said:
BruceLee said:
acfava said:

Hey Bruce, what was that docs name again?

http://www.deyarmanmedical.com/

I recommend without reservation.

Tell him I sent you and that he should give you a discount because of it.

Good luck

nomad

Established Member
Reaction score
thanks bruce. i am going to consider driving down for a consultation. if i am going to go in for the procedure, what would be the latest i should have it done before my wedding in late august. i don't want any signs of work having been done, and want to show off some density without it looking weird. thanks again bruce.

nomad